Have the roles been reversed?

Have they become the City of old where the derby is everything but in the bigger picture the title is a pipe dream. Obviously they're a bit better than the City of old but their attitude is very similar.

Whereas for us it's another game where you obviously don't want to lose and it stings a little but ultimately they're not a patch on us.

The post match reaction plus being on course for 3 titles in 4 years with 8 years of finishing above them, certainly seems like that.

I suppose what I'm saying is; losing a derby used to hurt more, whereas now it stings for an hour or 2 before the bigger picture kicks in.
Spot on

Until they’re mid table, bottom half, in a relegation battle, or newly promoted; no. It’s the not the same comparison.

We could have won the league against them on the day three years ago and blew a 2 goal lead. That’s not got owt to do with it not being a big game for us, it was as big a game as it gets.
Absolutely this. Today was shit but was of our own making. Poor team selection, Jesus for the penalty and once again missing a number of decent chances. We’ve done well without one but we need a top quality finisher.

1_Geovanni.jpg
Fair point - that win had us top of the league didn't it :)

Have they become the City of old where the derby is everything but in the bigger picture the title is a pipe dream. Obviously they're a bit better than the City of old but their attitude is very similar.

Whereas for us it's another game where you obviously don't want to lose and it stings a little but ultimately they're not a patch on us.

The post match reaction plus being on course for 3 titles in 4 years with 8 years of finishing above them, certainly seems like that.

I suppose what I'm saying is; losing a derby used to hurt more, whereas now it stings for an hour or 2 before the bigger picture kicks in.
Definitely. They have become what they aspired to be. 3 defeats to them in the last 4 seasons at home. Three titles (if we wrap this one up) with NONE to them.

We have had a closer rivalry with Liverpool last few years then United. Pep does not care or give much thought to a derby..

It doesn't sting for an hour or 2. It lingers and will continue to linger. The question marks have now resurfaced over Peps team selection in the bigger games. That loss stunk of Lyon for me tbh.
I don’t think pep considers us playing against United as a big game imo..

They can have all the bragging rights they want after today but they cannot have the league, what a shame.

*Edit.

Just had a rag mate I've known 50 years video call me. Told him to remind me how good the rags are when we're celebrating winning the PL. Then I said someone was knocking at my door and cut the gloating **** off.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.