Have we become everything that we despised in United fans?

Marvin

Some City fans are so incredibly arrogant that they expect City to be able to sweep aside all opponents whether it be West Brom or Manchester United.

We Tried to play the same football that we play week in week out. It was the team selection that most expected, and it was the same tactics.

We tried to impose our game on United, but we failed because United were good enough to stop us, but not good enough to beat us.

Tevez was isolated because of United's play, not because we tried to do anything differently.

We are 4 points ahead of 5th position, and we're trying to play football the right way. But teams are coming to City and they fear us, and despite the monies spent it's still 11 v 11, and what the opposition does impacts on the game you see. It's not always what we do, or try to do. Especially whne we go into the season from 5th spot. Maybe when we've won the Double we can afford that level of self-criticism.

You are spot on mate, absolutely spot on. fellow city fans are really begining to piss me off, you'd have thought we had been beaten 5-0 listening to the moaning on the way out of the ground.

Unfortunately I think you're right.

I can understand frustration but it does seem to be bordering on arrogance at times.

I think there are a few reasons it looks like so many City fans have become like the Utd fans we hate, but there are four main ones.

Firstly, all clubs have arrogant etc fans, but the better/more high profile a club the more they come out in to the open and make themselves heard. (and go quiet when times change)

Second, there are an awful lot of fans who simply follow the game but aren't into the intricacies of tactics / don't look at the bigger picture etc, and so are missing some of the reasons why things are as they are.

Third, the media are having a field day with City, especially the tabloids, and this is where most people get not only their info, but also their opinions.the media build us up to knock us down, so some people are struggling to get a grip of the real world.

The other main one is that so many utd fans have been such arrogant t**ts over the years that there is a desperate longing in some City fans for times to change, and change now.

However, the more new fans we attract, the more we will attract the 'wrong' sort! A good few utd fans I know were attracted by the oportunity to be arrogant.

5 or 6 on here are, the rest are pretty down to earth in reality, but those 5 or 6 shout very loud in fact so loud you would think they represented all City fans, when in fact they are a tiny minority

I'm not too sure that some of our fans have become arrogant, but some on here have definately shown a lack of intelligence and more so, a lack of masculinity.

Second, there are an awful lot of fans who simply follow the game but aren't into the intricacies of tactics / don't look at the bigger picture etc, and so are missing some of the reasons why things are as they are.
I couldnt agree more with you!!

the amount of times im debating with mates and family, about different tactics and selections etc...

simple on... last night...milner over johnson...

i would love to see jonno play over milner but everyone knows utds threat from the left comes from evra, milners willing to defend got him the nod no doubt!

i have no doubt with mancini's ideal selection would make more sense of everyones favourite subject "3 holding players" with kolorov and boetang bombing down wings - chelsea stylee.. DeJong holding with yaya and barry ( both far to slow for me, id love hamsik in there) in central midfield with silva in the hole completing the diamond, Mario and Carlitos up top. so with the fullbacks practically playing as wing backs u have 6 in midfield and would work and players all over (unlike last night) well i think but as we all know hes not had the opertunity to play this...

keep the faith boys, we'll get there!!

CTID

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.