Have we seen the last of Elano

bluwes

Dont think he is helping himself, goodbye and thanks for the Newcastle free kick

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1191212/Show-money-Im-Elano-issues-warning-Manchester-City.html?ITO=1490" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... l?ITO=1490</a>

Elano last night delivered a transatlantic ultimatum to Manchester City: offer me a knew contract or let me leave.

The Brazil midfielder, on international duty preparing for a World Cup qualifier in Montevideo today, demanded to know whether he was in the plans of Eastlands boss Mark Hughes.

The 27-year-old said: 'I had a meeting with the club's management and I asked them if - with all the players that they plans to buy - do they value me too?

'I only asked that they be straight with me. If they offer me a new contract now, I stay. If not, I intend to leave, to find another club.'

Hughes will to be exasperated by the latest outburst. It is not the first time that Elano had used the media to try to get his way, but the club have no intention of giving a new deal to a player who is only halfway through a four-year contract.

The versatile midfielder chose to call former Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho a great coach earlier this week and invited Inter Milan to make an offer from him.

City would be happy to see the back of him - despite his close relationship with compatriot Robinho - if they could recoup the £8million they paid to Shakhtar Donetsk two years ago.

Elano last night suggested there had been approaches. 'There are some things happening, but it is not the moment of speaking of that, I am here in the national team,' he said.

alonso>elano

elano bothers showing up every tenth game, then people throw on the compliments then he is shit for ages and wonder why hughes dropped him. dont even think robinho could or would defend elano, he is being unproffesional and a general brat

good luck to jose and inter! theyll bloody need it to see the best of him any more than 8 times a season

Elano is a great player, one of our best in recent times but i think its time for him to go. He's not going to be a first team regular with Hughes and im not suprised with his constant moaning in the media.

He'd be brilliant in Italy, so let he go.

Clearly one of the keys for us to move forward is to play more consistently week in and out, home and away. Elano has not shown that he can, or wants to do this. Add in his apparent ability to disrupt and I'd have to agree it may be time for him to go. I'd prefer him to step it up and stay, but I think sadly he'll be out the door.

Elano is probably our most gifted player, technically, he's definatly the best at the club. In that 3-1 win over Newcastle, he was brilliant, and he continued that with 2 goals against Boro, and then Birmingham, but after that he just tailed off completely, infact in some games we looked better without him (2-1 OT win, 4-2 over Bolton). He struggles in those away matches against physical teams, he gets roughed up easily, and loses his cool. On his day he can be outstanding, but thats the thing, he isnt consistent.

I wish we'd not gotten rid of Sven, and we'd never have had to get rid of Elano! People moan about Sven, but his club record doesn't lie. With the new owners money and the same manager in charge we'd have had a much better season with a bit of stability this season!

Elano had a great end to the year, and if he'd been chosen in the first team consistantly all year he'd have been performing like that all year. Instead, our numpty manager was playing Vassell in the team if you remember?! Hughes is a clown and people forget what he's done to this great player. Elano's form wouldn't have been so erratic had he not been sat on the bench most of the year! His form is Hughes fault! FACT!

Bye Elano, I hope you're treated as well as you deserve to be elsewhere!

cityboi said:
I wish we'd not gotten rid of Sven, and we'd never have had to get rid of Elano! People moan about Sven, but his club record doesn't lie. With the new owners money and the same manager in charge we'd have had a much better season with a bit of stability this season!

Elano had a great end to the year, and if he'd been chosen in the first team consistantly all year he'd have been performing like that all year. Instead, our numpty manager was playing Vassell in the team if you remember?! Hughes is a clown and people forget what he's done to this great player. Elano's form wouldn't have been so erratic had he not been sat on the bench most of the year! His form is Hughes fault! FACT!

Bye Elano, I hope you're treated as well as you deserve to be elsewhere!

elano showed a lack of proffesionalism (spelling). ent of the day if your not getting picked its up to you to get better and earn a place, instead of having a petty row with the boss then mouthing off to the press. never thought id say this, but elano should follow the example of someone like caicedo... our last choice striker at the start of the season, last 10-15 games he was a regular starter. bye elano!

I remember the million page thread we had about the lad last year, but he just keeps on opening his trap and sticking his size 10 in there.

Said it before and I'll say it again, there are better out there. We can afford them.

Thanks for the memories.

Elano was in a shite run of form long before SGE left and Hughes arrived so to blame him is ridiculous. As a previous poster said he had about 3 good games on the spin in his first season and has lived off that ever since. He did finish this season strongly but is certainly not worth all the hype he gets on here. Let him go to Inter, he's not going to get a game for us next season anyway.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.