Have you, or anybody you know, got the virus yet?

My dad. Passed away this afternoon. In ICU for a week with pneumonia and coronavirus. 79 years old and not in the best of health so not surprising. Still a hammerblow though.

A lifelong City fan, he was at St James Park in 68 (still have his scarf from the game) and my best childhood memory is him taking me to the Charlton promotion game where he gave a spare ticket away to a stranger and wouldn't accept money from a fellow fan (that still sticks with me). Going through so many more memories in my head.

Health issues meant he couldn't attend games in later years, but always loved going to the pub waiting for everyone to get back from the match and enjoy the atmosphere.

Even in these terrible times, I'm thankful for all the memories and joy (and stress) this club gave him and that we got to share them.

RIP

Sorry to hear about your dad. Hope you and the rest of the family are ok

My dad. Passed away this afternoon. In ICU for a week with pneumonia and coronavirus. 79 years old and not in the best of health so not surprising. Still a hammerblow though.

A lifelong City fan, he was at St James Park in 68 (still have his scarf from the game) and my best childhood memory is him taking me to the Charlton promotion game where he gave a spare ticket away to a stranger and wouldn't accept money from a fellow fan (that still sticks with me). Going through so many more memories in my head.

Health issues meant he couldn't attend games in later years, but always loved going to the pub waiting for everyone to get back from the match and enjoy the atmosphere.

Even in these terrible times, I'm thankful for all the memories and joy (and stress) this club gave him and that we got to share them.

RIP

Sorry to hear that mate but hope the good memories from him make it abit easier for you and family

I reckon I’ve had It and Mrsery.
Been in for 2 weeks now, rough as fuck for a couple of days then feel better then rough again.

Mrsery going for test tomorrow as key worker and they desperate to get her back in.

The last few weeks have been a blur,
Started off working from home then isolation then furloughed ffs and the old girl in lockdown in care home with loads underlying health problems and now they saying my mam won’t be taken to hospital if she gets it.

If it gets into these care homes i dread to think the outcome.
I feel like going and getting my mam and bringing her to my house!

There’s a lot of poor folk in a worse situation then mine though so RIP to all who have lost loved ones and best wishes to people who have lost their livelihoods .

Don't want to go overboard,/alarm you mate but going by whats been said care homes seem a breathing ground for this.
Hope your mams ok

My mum is 64 and works in a care home. I wish she could just fuck it off right now. Already lost my dad way too soon.

It's never easy mate,media in my opinion are not given enough credit to these cares read a case the other day,fking heart breaking..think 2 died and you always get the 1 popular person who sadly was 1 off them,staff were heart broken,plus there understaffed as others are isolating,the manager seems switched on but like everywhere else there short off ppe, but they carry on,
I know you won't like it but respect and love to your mam mate hope she ok..

RIP
Sorry for your loss .
RIP Blue

RIP

Sounded like a great Dad. RIP.

RIP
Sorry for your loss, it's an awful thing to go through.

Ensure you take the time you need to grieve and talk about how you are feeling.

Sounds like you had a great relationship with your Dad.

RIP

Thanks all for the likes and kind words regarding the passing of my dad. My sister was really touched by it and they helped get through a rough weekend.

For those that may have known my dad through the pubs of Chorlton and Beech Road, his name was Michael Byrne. Feel free to PM me for funeral and memorial details.

Thanks again everyone.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.