Hazard, Lavezzi + 1 experienced CB

OK, for what it's worth here's my take. Hazard is definately a no brainer. He can play either wing or in the middle of a 4231, 443 system. He could also play as a second striker or on the wing in a 442 (a system we don't play because we don't have the personel to play this way i.e. explosive pace over the first 10 yards). If we want to be able to get at teams who park the bus we need to be able to play 442. Therefore I believe Bale is a must because he would play on the opposite wing to Hazard and give us balance while being equally dangerous.

As for midfield and CB, Martinez can play both very well and gives us more versatility than Vertonghen. So for me again it's a no brainer Martinez all day long. I agree that you can't have 4 world class CBs but 3, one of them being Martinez would work because most of the time i would expect him to play CM next to Yaya. If we aquired these 3 for say £90mill then we could sell DeJong £10mill, AJ £10mill, Weiss £3mill, MJ £1mill, release Hargreaves and Pizzaro, sell Boyata £3mill. Add to this the sales of Ade £10mill, Bridge £1mill, Santa Cruz £2mill, Cunningham £1mill the net spend is down to £50mill.

Which is why Bale is probably more suited for us than Lavezzi. Do we have any academy products who would count for us as homegrown?

Richards and M Johnson hence it would make sense if we were to buy a striker to include Sturridge. Could always release Stuart Taylor and promte Johansen from Academy that would free up another spot for another foreign player. These are problems for CL for prem squad we have no problems whatsoever meeting the requirements there.

I do not for one minute think we will purchase two high profile attackers this summer. One. We can't accommodate them.

Jumanji said:
I do not for one minute think we will purchase two high profile attackers this summer. One. We can't accommodate them.

That's to imply we would start Sergio/Nasri/Silva in as many matches as we have. I just don't think that would be the case if we had better options more suited to our style. If we manage to run deeper into the FA Cup and CL we'd need more high level players. It's easy to forget we had 3 matches a week for a month abd by the end our form dipped substantially. We have also been lucky with injuries. Of Silva, Nasri or Aguero were down for longer than a month we'd have some serious gaps to fill.

If Silva gets injured, then Hazard and Nasri would be able to do the job with ease. Likewise for Nasri, etc.

Martinez is a great player but i don´think we will get him. I would be happy with Hazard and Verthongen. Leaving Kolarov, Hargreaves, Pizarro and ether Dzeko/Balotelli(hopefully Dzeko leaves). Hazard can play on the wing and behind the striker. Verthongen can play leftback/cb and as a defensive midfielder. And bring Rekik in who can play in the same positions as verthongen who is young and also a great talent and he´s free. People need to realize that people like Barry, Milner and De jong are priceless. Espially Milner and barry, unselfish players who works hard for the team. You can´t have worldclass players on every position doesen´t work that way. We can´t just buy 2-5 worldclass players every season. 1 or 2 in and 1 or 2 out that´s how it should be. Some fans are living in a Imaginary world thinking it´s FM/fifa. This players got feelings and egos, everybody needs to feel apart of the squad. And they need to gel together. Verthongen and Hazard would be great. Haven´t seen verthongen but heard great things of him and he´s versitale.

Jumanji said:
If Silva gets injured, then Hazard and Nasri would be able to do the job with ease. Likewise for Nasri, etc.

But I don't think injury is the only thing City have to contend with over the course of next 3-4 years. We will be playing essentially every week twice a week. We saw incredible dips in form of both Nasri and Silva throughout the course of the season. I'm not saying Adam Johnson is safe because he's probably good as gone. I just look at Chelsea or United. Tue Rags have Valencia, Nani, Young, (Rooney) and Giggs behind Welbeck/Hernadez/Berbatov. Chelsea play Malouda, Kalou, Sturridge and Mata in the attacking midfield behind Lukaku/Torres/Drogba. We really only have Nasri, Silva and Johnson. I don't quite rate Milner in the attacking areas compared to the lot.

We look at squads like Real who interchange Kaka, Ozil, Di Maria, Ronaldo and Callejon behind Benzema/Higuain. I think we can truly compete on all level with Silva, Nasri, Bale, Hazard behind the likes of Aguero/Dzeko/Balotelli.

alky313 said:
Jumanji said:

But I don't think injury is the only thing City have to contend with over the course of next 3-4 years. We will be playing essentially every week twice a week. We saw incredible dips in form of both Nasri and Silva throughout the course of the season. I'm not saying Adam Johnson is safe because he's probably good as gone. I just look at Chelsea or United. Tue Rags have Valencia, Nani, Young, (Rooney) and Giggs behind Welbeck/Hernadez/Berbatov. Chelsea play Malouda, Kalou, Sturridge and Mata in the attacking midfield behind Lukaku/Torres/Drogba. We really only have Nasri, Silva and Johnson. I don't quite rate Milner in the attacking areas compared to the lot.

We look at squads like Real who interchange Kaka, Ozil, Di Maria, Ronaldo and Callejon behind Benzema/Higuain. I think we can truly compete on all level with Silva, Nasri, Bale, Hazard behind the likes of Aguero/Dzeko/Balotelli.

This^ 100%

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.