Headed to Scotland

I have done my itinerary today for this trip next August. Waiting for the dates because I am going to combine with the Edinburgh Tattoo and tickets on sale next month. Going back to Dalhousie Castle hotel for a few nights for that. About six miles from Edinburgh. Hope it’s still good. Twelve days including a stop in the Lakes.

Can’t wait. Any tips welcome.
Tattoo must be confident of a vaccine then?

I have done my itinerary today for this trip next August. Waiting for the dates because I am going to combine with the Edinburgh Tattoo and tickets on sale next month. Going back to Dalhousie Castle hotel for a few nights for that. About six miles from Edinburgh. Hope it’s still good. Twelve days including a stop in the Lakes.

Can’t wait. Any tips welcome.
Dalhousie Castle is about a mile from where I live. It still gets good reviews. If you have time and only spending a couple of nights in Edinburgh, head north. Real Scotland. For wildlife and scenery Mull is world class. Harris and Lewis have some of the best walking and best beaches you will find in the world. If you want to stay on the mainland try the NC500. One of the greatest driving routes anywhere.

If you don't have time spend some time in Perthshire. The Trossachs are the highlands in miniature. The nook of Fife is worth a trip if you have time Crail and Anstruther are lovely.

Dalhousie Castle is about a mile from where I live. It still gets good reviews. If you have time and only spending a couple of nights in Edinburgh, head north. Real Scotland. For wildlife and scenery Mull is world class. Harris and Lewis have some of the best walking and best beaches you will find in the world. If you want to stay on the mainland try the NC500. One of the greatest driving routes anywhere.

If you don't have time spend some time in Perthshire. The Trossachs are the highlands in miniature. The nook of Fife is worth a trip if you have time Crail and Anstruther are lovely.
On the bucket list to see the Western Isles as well as Shetland, Orkneys and the very top of the mainland. Probably on my own with a bike a tent and without the family. Possibly a retirement project

On the bucket list to see the Western Isles as well as Shetland, Orkneys and the very top of the mainland. Probably on my own with a bike a tent and without the family. Possibly a retirement project
Holidays in Harris and Mull are up there on our list of 10 greatest holidays ever. Scotland is a world class destination on our doorstep. My eldest lad has a second property in Kinlochewe on the NC500 route. As a mad keen cyclist he is like a pig in a trough.

An island hopper ticket should see you right for the islands.Hope you do it.

Cheers mate. It is the NC500 we’re doing, staying at Dornoch, Wick, Tongue/Betty Hill, Ullapool and Gairloch. If there’s any better places you’re aware off please let me know. Picked these from maps and a few reviews. I might see if I can add Mull in.

Cheers mate. It is the NC500 we’re doing, staying at Dornoch, Wick, Tongue/Betty Hill, Ullapool and Gairloch. If there’s any better places you’re aware off please let me know. Picked these from maps and a few reviews. I might see if I can add Mull in.
We stayed in Ulapool, Bettyhill and Dornoch as well. Dornoch is lovely, so lovely little pubs with cracking food so worth exploring there. Make sure you give yoursef enough time on the west coast as for me, thats the part that you can really explore and just get lost for hours. Achmelvich beach and Sandwood bay are two places you want to check out, but the west coast is just full of hidden gems. If you like Whiskey there are some great distillerys on the east coast near Dornoch, we did the Glenmorangie tour which was pretty cool.

Holidays in Harris and Mull are up there on our list of 10 greatest holidays ever. Scotland is a world class destination on our doorstep. My eldest lad has a second property in Kinlochewe on the NC500 route. As a mad keen cyclist he is like a pig in a trough.

An island hopper ticket should see you right for the islands.Hope you do it.
Are you mad, they're coming from dirty Manchester tell them Scotlands rubbish all rain and midges :)

Did the Highlands, Shetland and Orkney last year. Could live in Orkney in a heartbeat. There's a record shop in Kirkwall!

@manchester blue North Berwick is rather nice. 30 min train ride out of Waverley. They do boat trips around Bass Rock from there. Plus the church on the harbour is where the witch trials all happened. Nasty business. They had their tits ripped off. Nice.

See also Dunbar. Very nice place.

Also, if you have the time, get the train over the Cairngorns to Inverness. Takes around 3 hours but it's a stunning trip.

Ignore the Kingdom of Fife. It's full of weirdos ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.