Heartbreaking moments as a City fan - when your favorite player leaves

My reaction has always been annoyance at the sheer stupidity of certain sales and the financial incompetence that made them necessary, plus certain managers’ ego.
Wagstaffe, Barnes, Owen, Walsh, Allen, Reid, Mackenzie.

Was gutted when White joined Leeds.

Silva though, that’s the one that was hard to take. What a player.

As a kid, Peter Barnes, but as an adult nobody really as I’m hard as nails, although I’m not looking forward to the days when Kev and Bernardo go. That might be too much.

Dave Wagstaffe, no internet in those days we literally turned up at the ground to hear he had been sold. I’m sure it was over the Christmas period.
I think there wasn't a team in the league that could 'outdo' the pairing of Young 'n Wagstaffe. That game against Haringey after Spurs won that European trophy midweek. 6-2.

But the one that really got to me when he left was Denis Law, and then the bastard came back to United - just unbridled treachery. And the backheel didn't quite make up for it, Denis!

The sudden departure of Johnny Crossan for me. We played a pre season friendly against Borussia Dortmund, which he missed (injury from a car crash I think). He was then sold before the first league game, so never saw him in a City shirt again!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.