Heinz Piccalilli

Funny how brands work. I exclusively bought Heinz Beans. Brought up on them as a kid, ate nothing else to the age of 45. Then they racked up the price due after COVID, so I switched to own brand / value.

After three I treat myself to a couple of tins of Heinz this week... hated them. Eurgh. Not right at all.

It's like my entire life was a lie or something.
Similar story here, but found them out about 15 years ago.
Now only buy Branston beans and find Heinz bland.

Saw some of those today, proper walnut whips, not "whips" with no walnut

The Crosse and Blackwell brand has changed owners many times over the last twenty years

There was a time when Premier Foods were buying every available British food brand they could. Ultimately it ended in disaster
Decisions such as buying the Robertsons brand and then stop producing jam under that label and purely focus on Hartley being one example
Mmmmm delicious:)

So has Haywards piccalilli. Haywards do other things but have discontinued their piccalilli. I also liked Heinz too, but I see this has now gone. Not keen on Branston piccalilli, it’s just not as nice.

Haywards products seem to have disappeared from most supermarkets Sarsons seem to have replaced them, Haywards used to do a belting hot pickle onion.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.