Helen the bell ringer

I remember my first away trip...She was in charge of one of the coaches and it was funny as fuck how she shouted at people at the services "to not be late back to the coach"

Legend of a blue..

themadinventor said:
"Helen Helen ring your bell, Helen ring your bell" great memories, sadly I think she wouldn't be allowed these days, maybe someone should give it a go lol

Thats right the Kippax would sing this during the match, and of course Helen would reply, much to the cheers of the Kippax, I think she use to sit in the North Stand, because I was a season ticket holder for a while, and saw her regulary take a seat on the front row, decked out in a big blue and white scarf and badges ect.....those where the days, good memories.........

bluelol said:
stony said:
Her grandson posts on here.

No kid stony I didn't know this, she such a part of our history mate don't you agree.

Agree completely blue. He doesn't post much but his name is a dead give away.

WyongBlue said:
themadinventor said:
I think she use to sit in the North Stand, because I was a season ticket holder for a while, and saw her regulary take a seat on the front row, decked out in a big blue and white scarf and badges ect.....those where the days, good memories.........

She was. Right behind the goal.

I remember one of those moments where one of the Kippax's natural comedians piped up with impeccable timing.... it had been fairly quiet for about 5 minutes and then Helen started up with the bell...
CLANGalangalang....
And after about 10 seconds this bloke screamed at the top of his lungs in a really desperate voice: "SHUT UP WITH THAT FUCKING BELL!" It had the Kippax laughing.

Mugatu said:
WyongBlue said:
themadinventor said:
I think she use to sit in the North Stand, because I was a season ticket holder for a while, and saw her regulary take a seat on the front row, decked out in a big blue and white scarf and badges ect.....those where the days, good memories.........

She was. Right behind the goal.

I remember one of those moments where one of the Kippax's natural comedians piped up with impeccable timing.... it had been fairly quiet for about 5 minutes and then Helen started up with the bell...
CLANGalangalang....
And after about 10 seconds this bloke screamed at the top of his lungs in a really desperate voice: "SHUT UP WITH THAT FUCKING BELL!" It had the Kippax laughing.

He dropped a clanger there!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WyongBlue said:
themadinventor said:
"Helen Helen ring your bell, Helen ring your bell" great memories, sadly I think she wouldn't be allowed these days, maybe someone should give it a go lol

Thats right the Kippax would sing this during the match, and of course Helen would reply, much to the cheers of the Kippax, I think she use to sit in the North Stand, because I was a season ticket holder for a while, and saw her regulary take a seat on the front row, decked out in a big blue and white scarf and badges ect.....those where the days, good memories.........

Yes great memories indeed, we used to jump on the 53 at belle vue and Helen is one of the best memories of those days.

WyongBlue said:
themadinventor said:

Yes, right behind the goal. I remember she was a big Joe Corrigan (no pun intended!) fan and used to give him birthday presents.

Remeberng her, and my last really clear vision of her was a league fixture City v Chelsea at maine Road probs 1992/3 ... a dull affair where set of 'supporters' had retreated back into their shells... Helen kept up a good ringingall the time

She represents for me the antidote to those fans who only 'sing when they're winning'

Just to justify Helen's 'get behind the lads' approach, I was at the FA Youth Cup final a few years ago ( Again City v Chelsea!) and we conceded a goal early on.... there was a shocked pause from the fans ... then almost immediately.. C'mon City!!..C'mon City!!! .. from the whole home support

This was just what the lads needed at that instant...

They went on to win 3-1 and to lift the FA Youth Cup.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.