Helen's Bell

ancoats said:
Helen the bells grandson said:
thats me next to my gran

just for you (champions Manchester city 2014)

ot2l52.jpg

Its a funny world but I think the emotion of the last few weeks just caught up with me and I welled up on seeing this pic again - great stuff - great memories

The weird thing was, on Wednesday night (how long ago does that seem now?) I heard the bell and it didn't even register. It was like 'oh, that's Helen's bell. Square ball, Zaba, Yaya's in acres there!'

It felt like it has always been there, in other words.

It was a wonderful link with our past and I hope it will be there in the future too.

Mrs Innsbruck was asking me on Sunday what that noise was, as we could hear it super loud over the TV (and the Dipperpool fans). After explaining it to her, she thought it was absolutely brilliant. Really took me back to Maine Road and I hope it stays.

citygal1 Posts: 820Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:26 pm

Re: Helen the bell ringer

Postby citygal1 » Wed May 14, 2014 9:11 am

Ok this has been annoying me, people are claiming the bell is the original, but joe corrigan was on 5live on Monday and said it isn't the original because he has it. Did anyone hear it?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SaddleworthBlueRhino Posts: 798Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:32 am

Re: Helen the bell ringer

Postby SaddleworthBlueRhino » Wed May 14, 2014 3:26 pm

Looks like the two threads need to be merged with this being the remaining issue. We have heard it, seen it, almost reinstated it - now we just need the historical certification to just enjoy what could be a regular club feature once again.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.