Helen's Bell

hmblue said:
Plaything of the gods said:
Where did she used to sit? I have it fixed in my mind that she was immediately to the right of the right-hand goal when viewed from the Kippax.
Correct - she was bottom row at, the score board end, to the right of the goalpost as you looked from the half way line.
1969.ashx

First row, right at the right-hand end of the first block to the right of the goal?

The bell rested on her left, on the concrete step. I'm remembering that because I seem to remember seeing her reach for it when prompted to ring her bell. Big cheer would then go up.

city68 said:
My dad gave Helen that bell. Remenber i first heared it in 1955 when dad rang it out going to wembley........
I hope this can be confirmed. I was just working on my own memories and my early away trips on the supporters coaches. If this very same bell was at Wembley in 1955 then my mum and dad will have heard something I hope to hear again today. Yet another treasured City related thought. Ring that bell.

Used to sit 10 rows behind Helen, all the keepers would come over before the match I think she gave them a little lucky heather or something similar.

Wonderful hearing it Wednesday.

Think I might cry when it rings out loud and proud today.

SaddleworthBlueRhino said:
city68 said:
My dad gave Helen that bell. Remenber i first heared it in 1955 when dad rang it out going to wembley........
I hope this can be confirmed. I was just working on my own memories and my early away trips on the supporters coaches. If this very same bell was at Wembley in 1955 then my mum and dad will have heard something I hope to hear again today. Yet another treasured City related thought. Ring that bell.
It can be.....but in 55 it was on the train to wembley. On way back my dad on the train he made a collection for the train driver in it. He rang it out when passing our house in Ardwick.

Blue Maverick said:
Used to sit 10 rows behind Helen, all the keepers would come over before the match I think she gave them a little lucky heather or something similar.

Then you must have sat in the seat behind me!

Helen sat in Row 1, Seat 1, Block N of the North Stand. Me and my sis had season tickets in Row 10, Seats 1&2. An institution, and indicative of what it has ALWAYS meant to be a City fan....a community team, always.

Helen, Helen, ring your bell
Helen, ring your bell.

She always responded. Hope we hear it today

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.