Help & Info: In and around the COMS

Welcome,

I can't see there being any trouble with your fans i.e. walking round the stadium, taking pics, etc...
There are a couple of pubs around the ground and a chippie (i would advise eating in the town centre though as there is not much choice round the ground). There are plenty of hotdog/burger stalls around the groung if there your thing (not mine to be honest!). As for inside the stadium, there are food and drink stalls again (cash only and remember no beer on uefa nights) but again I would just advise you to eat in the town centre as better value for money etc.
You will more than likely get searched going into the ground but not sure about cameras (should be ok?), and I dont think there are anywhere for you to leave your bags. I hope you enjoy your trip to the COMS and think you will have a really enjoyable evening (except for the result of course!!!). Ive booked Hamburg myself so relly looking forward to visiting there for the 1st time, any tips in and around your stadium would be appriciated too?.

Oh, and if you want to go to Liverpool, the station you need is Manchester Victoria.
If you need to go to Leeds or London, it's Manchester Piccadilly.

I said this in case you need to land in airports other than Manchester!

The only minor trouble we've had with away fans was when some of the PSG fans got a bit aggressive with the police and stewards towards the end of the match. Other than that the away fans have been great so far, in fact without them there'd have been no atmosphere at all at some of the matches.

As said, bags/rucksacks will be searched on entry although if you don't want to take them in there is a left-luggage facility at Piccadilly station. Cameras should be ok as long as they're a reasonable size. I think you'd be better drinking in the centre, there's more choice and the pubs near the stadium get very crowded.

Chrisja1000 said:
Just noticed the LIverpool mention , I have no idea why you would want to visit there . It looked better after you bombed it !
PMSL

scall1 said:
Oh, and if you want to go to Liverpool, the station you need is Manchester Victoria.

Liverpool's quicker from Piccadilly tbh, you get the fast ones going through. Takes about 40 minutes on Transpennine or East Midlands.

scall1 said:

You can get Liverpool trains from Piccadilly too.

lancs blue said:
The only minor trouble we've had with away fans was when some of the PSG fans got a bit aggressive with the police and stewards towards the end of the match. Other than that the away fans have been great so far, in fact without them there'd have been no atmosphere at all at some of the matches.

As said, bags/rucksacks will be searched on entry although if you don't want to take them in there is a left-luggage facility at Piccadilly station. Cameras should be ok as long as they're a reasonable size. I think you'd be better drinking in the centre, there's more choice and the pubs near the stadium get very crowded.

The bastards charge £8.00 a time!

Zubrman said:
lancs blue said:

The bastards charge £8.00 a time!

lol I never use it, just knew it was there! Rip-off merchants.

Thanks for the responses guys, great stuff.

Yeah a mate has already suggested that we're better off just walking to the city center, staying there for the afternoon and then walking back.

We're usually loud and noisy, but respectful. We have got "ultras", I guess but their main perogative is to sing as many songs as possible and just be fanatic, not the "looking for trouble" ultras, ya now - just like any other away game. Usually we have some kinda display for away games, with the pieces of paper and placards and stuff. Last time in Nijmegen it just showed our club colours. In Prague, we set off pyros and fire sticks, something that I know we dare won't try because it's England and it's practically unheard of to do such a thing. At least I don't think so anyway.

There might also be some "you're shit and you know you are" and "you only sing when you're winning" chants from our direction. Nothing personal, just a bit of banter and fun :-D

As far as I know, 3,000 tickets are available for us lot. Could be more but then I don't know the exact allocation :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.