Help me get my toddler to sleep

MY ELDEST was an absolute nightmare to begin with, i, we didn't sleep for about 3 months solid, we tried all sorts to get her to nod off, finally lullaby's, i didn't know any so used to sing silent night and away in a manger :),the youngest as ive said has CP,is 17 now and is an absolute looney and wont sleep,she even has medication to help her drift off but that doesn't work,she wont go to bed until mum goes to bed then insists on getting in our bed,her bed is super comfy though :)

MY ELDEST was an absolute nightmare to begin with, i, we didn't sleep for about 3 months solid, we tried all sorts to get her to nod off, finally lullaby's, i didn't know any so used to sing silent night and away in a manger :),the youngest as ive said has CP,is 17 now and is an absolute looney and wont sleep,she even has medication to help her drift off but that doesn't work,she wont go to bed until mum goes to bed then insists on getting in our bed,her bed is super comfy though :)

Jesus bids us shine and Yesterday for me...there were nights when I wasn't too sure I wasn't walking a pillow or a colicky baby :))

This is plain wrong.

These outmoded views from yesteryear have been found to be a cause of lasting psychological damage. Who in their right mind would cause terror to a tiny child like this? Obviously (and it IS obvious), that child believes that they are being abandoned - they are experiencing genuine terror when they are left like this. Sleep training is downright cruel and anyone these days who decides to pursue it - despite all of the evidence for the harm that it does to the child - needs to drag themselves into the 21st century and fast.

What a snowflake!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.