He's Back!

Re: He's Back!!!!!

cleavers said:
Dribble said:
My Response:
You’re still a bitter twisted prick. I wouldn’t spare you my piss if you were on fire!!!!!
Very constructive is name calling, just a thought, have you thought about debating some of the bullshit replies he's posted (because he clearly still doesn't get it), that would be more constructive.
Maybe he realised that he was just another troll getting hits after his first exploits?

He gets it, do you?

goat boy said:
aye, clearly a bright enough chap, your author, so empty abuse serves nothing.

the aim is the same but the stakes are so high. city were bought from a selection of at best 4, because the return on investment is there for the very long term. that return is 300 acres of cheap brownfield land next to the stadium, a mile from a major city business district and about 6 from one europes busiest airports
This is exactly the sort of debate to get into with him, that, and despite his protests, he was more than happy for it to happen to villa when he thought it would. Does anyone seriously think he'd have written the article he did, had villa now been in our position, yeah course he would.....

There's always the one who says that united's money was earned so it's different.

But how was it earned?
The rags were one of the main players demanding that home clubs should keep the gate receipts rather than share them with the away team. So the rich got richer.

Then the rags were one of the instigators in forming the PL, demanding the more successful teams get a bigger share of the money. So the successful teams got richer so they could buy the better players, be more successful and earn more money.

Then the rags were one of the main players in the formation of the Champions League, designed that teams get at least 3 home games (we can't have the big boys getting knocked out in the 1st / 2nd round, can we), so the rich clubs get richer - oh, and 3rd placed will go into the Europa League, so those teams that fail to qualify have another chance of getting more money.

A level playing field? No chance.

So yes, united's money maybe ''legal'' football money, but it was greed and selfishness that got them into that position, without any thoughts for the game as a whole. City come along with big wads of cash and the big boys who have milked the golden cow for 2 decades squeal ''not fair''.
Who cares?

Backtracking I see.

If you're gonna write shit, at least stand by your shit.

really does have long term damage on other clubs

Of course, I bet the top dogs at Villa were crying into their fucking champers at the pitiful £28 million we gave them for Barry and Milner, Everton also; let's hike the price up for Lescott, drain City for as much as we can, then complain when we grab £24 million for a defender that's worth about 8 (at the time, definitely at the time!) Another poster before me said that people are quick to refer to our outlay as money spent in comparison to other clubs' 'turnover', a very good point. But they're very, very slow to point out the mass hypocrisy that involves these deals. Big clubs, gaining status from success or monetary means, have always poached from smaller clubs, it's the way it goes. If Villa were to grab let's say, Birmingham's best player for around 8 million, nobody would bat an eyelid. But then inflate Villa's finances to the level of ours, and that fee suddenly triples. I say fair play to the smaller teams who've stood up to the poachers, even in situations involving us, our money isn't going anywhere, a smaller club is getting a sizeable intake to re-invest. But if you've the gall and attitude to slate us with your made up statistics and cliche slurs, then feel free to go hide behind your braindead, sheeplike, drooling, happy rag wanking hordes. We're not ruining football, we're helping to build it. Just as we have been for decades. The spirit, loyalty, sustained passion and soul of our club has resonated and filtered down through generations, only touching those who truly know what it means. Those who will stand up and fight for there club, not only laugh in the face of adversity but embrace it, become its friend. We've been down and out, up again, down down down, up up up, and when the money has dried up we'll gladly do it all over again. Because we are Manchester City. And we're going fucking nowhere.

Mad Eyed Screamer said:
There's always the one who says that united's money was earned so it's different.

But how was it earned?
The rags were one of the main players demanding that home clubs should keep the gate receipts rather than share them with the away team. So the rich got richer.

Then the rags were one of the instigators in forming the PL, demanding the more successful teams get a bigger share of the money. So the successful teams got richer so they could buy the better players, be more successful and earn more money.

Then the rags were one of the main players in the formation of the Champions League, designed that teams get at least 3 home games (we can't have the big boys getting knocked out in the 1st / 2nd round, can we), so the rich clubs get richer - oh, and 3rd placed will go into the Europa League, so those teams that fail to qualify have another chance of getting more money.

So yes, united's money maybe ''legal'' football money, but it was greed and selfishness that got them into that position, without any thoughts for the game as a whole. City come along with big wads of cash and the big boys who have milked the golden cow for 2 decades squeal ''not fair''.
Who cares?
Excellent post MES, and another rational knock back to this fella, those worrying about his "blog" should copy and paste, but like you my attitude is "who cares ?"

Mad Eyed Screamer said:

But how was it earned?

Who cares?

Excellent post and one whose nuances have been wilfully ignored by the current football establishment

The Goat 10 said:
allan harper said:
Barcon said:
"An article I wrote last week regarding Man City’s financial exploits in recent years, entitled (somewhat hyperbolically) A Manchester City Title May Signal the Death of Football As We Know It, received an enormous negative response.

Anyway, I admit that the way I phrased my article was tactless, and open to interpreting my writing as bitter and insulting. I thought I would try and justify some of my points".

That's all I read.

+1
+2
+3

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.