He's definitely off..

Robinho leaving is down to his own doing, he's on the bench because he simply doesn't try hard enough, it's not mancini's fault, it's not the players fault, robinho has himself to blame, if he put more effort in i don't think he would actually be on the bench, it just shows how many top players in the world are only regarded to only be 'good at home' but 'can't play away'? only robinho as far as i can see,

One of me mates is a Bolton fan and he said, ''the way Robinho has treated the club we shouldn't loan him out, we should keep him and stick him in the reserves and make him suffer for a bit and then hopefully it makes him realise he needs to dig in alot more, we've just rolled over for him to leave because Robinho himself can't put enough effort in, and he's calling the shots where he goes, he's just messing you about completely and the club should stand up and say no robinho, your staying, you play for your play in this team,

And to some parts of that i agree with my mate, it seems we've rolled over and died and let him call the shots, he's just messing us about, if he doesn't wanna play for us you just sell him end of story.

Somud said:
Thank god. This means we will probably bring in a reinforcement of a different mould and position, since let's face it, we had too many wingers/forwards anyway. In fact, Robinho is not a winger, never has been, yet to accomodate him, he sometimes had to play in a winger position in a 4-4-2. This is something Mancio deplores, and I think he sees this as a problem situation gone, as Mancio no longer has any pressure to play the guy and in Mancio's diamond formation or 4-3-3, there's no room for him, especially with Tevez around. Tevez and Robbie are both support forwards.

Let us all hope we bring in another box-to-box midfielder now, as a way to beef up our midfield centre, that's where Mancio really feels we're lacking. With only Vieira, DJ, Barry and Ireland, we need another one, a player capable of some good attacking play, but at the same time able to put a shift in. It's a real shame Johnson once again is out injured for such a long time, as I'm sure Mancini would have loved him, but that's the harsh reality. Anyway, Johnson needs a replacement and everyone sees it.

100 % football cleverness.
chapeau!

Soulboy said:
Is it the old third division mentality kicking in where we demand of every one of our players a broken ankle or split forehead as a minimum requirement of their commitment to the cause?

No. People just ask that City players show the slightest bit of commitment, don't whore themselves out to other clubs on a regular basis, don't blame their managers for their own poor performances and don't fuck off to the other side of the world without permission. I don't think this is much to ask as most football players are well capable of this. It's seemed to be far too much to ask in Robinho's case though

depps said:
uwerosler28 said:
The problem is though we just cant get what we need out of him, being talented and hard working arent mutually exclusive, ronaldo, ribery, rooney, tevez all work there bollocks of as well as producing so when they are out of form people cant really have a go because they can see they are still giving there all but when a undoubted talent like robbie is having a bad game then he simply has nothing to fall back on and can look like he doesnt give a shit which it dont think is true but it can certainly look that way, we want to keep robbie but who do we drop to accomodate him he cant compete with bellamy on the left, swp on the right or tevez in the second striker position with what he is producing at the moment, and a player of his class will never be happy as a sub

Robbie has been trying though. He tried as hard as anyone against Everton but he was picking the ball up too deep and was being easily muscled off the ball. its not his fault that he is lightwieght and isnt suited to tracking back and getting stuck in, he needs to be played high up the field with others providing the ball for him so that he can actually do his stuff

So who you going to drop to keep him happy? the only position i can see him playing how you want is where tevez plays because robbie deffinatly cant be the target man as you say he's too lightweight, but surely tevez is ahead of him for this position, its just a shame robbie obvioulsy isnt content with being part of a squad because i am sure there will be a time when tevez is injured/out of form and bringing robbie in would be a fantastic option but until then he wont be happy to wait on the bench in a world cup year

Didsbury Dave said:
Soulboy said:
City fans used to be sharp, well up on football, appreciative of the beautiful game (Marsh, Kinkladze, Young, Bishop)... what's changed?

One thing has changed and one thing only.

Lots of people go on forums.

And, in the same way that people are much more agrressive behind the wheel of a car than in the street, people are much more vocal on forums than in real life.

Contraversial opinions are given equal footing alongside sensible postings. They get debated so remain more visible.

Nothing has changed in COMS. The "vibe" is no different to it was was at Maine Road. I would even argue that over the last couple of years our fans have become mopre tolerant, more supportive.

We were a right buch of whingeing mardarses in the 80s and 90s. We booed our own players onto the feild,never mind off.

Rememember Edgehill? Creaney? Frontceck? Charvet?

Going back, remember Corrigan? Power? Kinsey?

I'm getting really fucking fed up with people telling me that City fans have changed. They haven't.

The ones saying it are the ones who have discovered forums and blur them with reality.

I take on board what you're saying (and if you re-collect, I was one of those posting very similar to this on a number of occasions only recently)... but my point is that the players you mention from the past were truly mediocre.

I would contend that our current squad doesn't have a single duffer in it.

I watch City these days and every player we have can play football. The old ones, the kids, everyone.

Yet they are treated with as much disdain as those from the distant pat who may very well have deserved the abuse!

City fans may not have changed... but surely you can recognise that the players have?

We are abusing just about every City player that pulls on the shirt for us these days... that's changed. At one time we were far more discrete and picked our target! Now it's two bad games and the mob turn up!

Dubai Blue said:
I wonder what kind of deal has been arranged regarding his wages.

Santos obviously can't afford anything close to 160k a week. I'd be amazed if they could even by 40k a week. So who's making up the shortfall - us or Robinho? It had best not be us!!!

Thinking the same thing but it seems Robbie is trying to force this loan deal through so the club so stay strong and explain we aint paying sweet fa and he can sort out his wages with Santos.

uwerosler28 said:
depps said:
Robbie has been trying though. He tried as hard as anyone against Everton but he was picking the ball up too deep and was being easily muscled off the ball. its not his fault that he is lightwieght and isnt suited to tracking back and getting stuck in, he needs to be played high up the field with others providing the ball for him so that he can actually do his stuff

So who you going to drop to keep him happy? the only position i can see him playing how you want is where tevez plays because robbie deffinatly cant be the target man as you say he's too lightweight, but surely tevez is ahead of him for this position, its just a shame robbie obvioulsy isnt content with being part of a squad because i am sure there will be a time when tevez is injured/out of form and bringing robbie in would be a fantastic option but until then he wont be happy to wait on the bench in a world cup year

Personally I would think our strongest line-up would be Robinho and tevez either side of Ade. I don't see any reason why Robbi and Tevez cant play in the same side. Theres still going to be plenty of games for SWP, Bellers and Petrov as well our aim is to be a champions league club right?

The Fat el Hombre said:
Soulboy said:
Is it the old third division mentality kicking in where we demand of every one of our players a broken ankle or split forehead as a minimum requirement of their commitment to the cause?

No. People just ask that City players show the slightest bit of commitment, don't whore themselves out to other clubs on a regular basis, don't blame their managers for their own poor performances and don't fuck off to the other side of the world without permission. I don't think this is much to ask as most football players are well capable of this. It's seemed to be far too much to ask in Robinho's case though

When has Robinho "whored himself out to other clubs on a regular basis", or "blamed the manager"... oh, yeah, the red tops. Those very embodiments of truth and integrity.

Weren't you having a pop at the media recently with all the lies they have been printing about us?

Or is it that they're telling the truth THIS time?

I just don't hear this abuse, Soulboy, I really don't. You will always have a voice saying "Petrov you lazy bastard" but that happens at every ground. If you think it doesn't happen at Chelsea or the Emirates or OT then you're wrong. Ade got hounded out by the Arsenal fans for being lazy and he'd just got them 30 goals. It's in football's DNA.

Of course the players are better at City than the past and I believe the vast vast majority of our support know that.

Do you want football to become like baseball? All mexican waves and polite applause? Because I don't.

On your earlier post you said City fans had changed. I don't think we have.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.