He's definitely off..

alera said:
Nobody thinks Robinho is bigger than the club. What people think is that the club is likely to be more successful with Robinho around than without. You understand?

Some people are simply delighted to see him leaving when its on a loan to Santos that doesn't have any benefit whatsoever for the club. Are these the ones with the clubs interest at heart or are they more interested in being proven right about Robinho?

But Robinho has made it clear he never wants to play for our club again. He tried to engineer a move to Barca on several occasions and failed. Made no effort for over a year, his attitude quite frankly stinks.

It doesnt really matter who is right or wrong, my main point yesterday was actually that he expects us to write off the £34 million we paid for him AND still pay a large part of his wages for the rest of his contract. Is this gut for real.

Ideal world Robiho would be a proffesional, get his head down and win his place back in the side. He has had plenty of chances and hes made it clear he isnt interested. Now he has made it public and demanded a move to Santos 3 days before our bigest game in 30 years.

By defending this guy people are saying what he has done is acceptable and by default the player is bigger than MCFC. That is the only way I can seee it.

I dont see anyone defending his behaviour Alera, all I see is people saying hes a top player and we shouldn't get rid and that having the fans on his back for the last few months hasn't helped in the slightest.

He has acted like a spoiled brat in running away when things have gotten a bit tough, but whats aggravating people is that some of our fans seem happy that the 'ideal situation' you describe now looks unlikely to happen. They actually seem happier to say I told you so about Robinho than they were to back him and try and help him recover his confidence which is quite sad really.

Gelsons Dad said:
jayblue said:
this ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

How quickly we forget.

Which of our youngsters will score 16 goals in a season?
Remember Dickov having a little dozen goal scoring spurt in the prem after he left us, doesnt mean a jot. Robinho scored 3 goals in 2009, hardly impressive!

alera said:
Hes dropped his wages to join santos, so hes not the greedy twat we thought.

Hewanted to play more/ 1st team choice, mancini cant guaratee that. I think he feels Robbie plays his best in the Tevez role and Robbie wants to start every match pre world cup. So hes ofski and good luck to the lad

Hes taken a pay cut but still on £100k a week, but we get nothing for the loan, will probably end up getting nothing fee wise down the line as he has made it clear he is in control and will dictate where he plays. We loose the player and still pay most of his wages.

Sounds like a great deal to me whats more people are falling over themselves to thank and congratulate him for fucking our club.

There no doubt its great to be Robinho.

We dont pay his wages, he will get a higher profile in Santos and I have no doubt he will be a sucess in the World Cup.
Then we sell him to Barca for 35mil + in the summer. get a grip blue our owners arnt daft. Everyones happy

I dont see anyone defending his behaviour Alera, all I see is people saying hes a top player and we shouldn't get rid and that having the fans on his back for the last few months hasn't helped in the slightest.

He has acted like a spoiled brat in running away when things have gotten a bit tough, but whats aggravating people is that some of our fans seem happy that the 'ideal situation' you describe now looks unlikely to happen. They actually seem happier to say I told you so about Robinho than they were to back him and try and help him recover his confidence which is quite sad really.

Well I go to every home game and like I said I have never once seen and fans on his back all I have seen is adulation and support from the fans. I would suggest that by congratulating him and wishing him well on his way after he has fucked us people are by default defending his behaviour.

We dont pay his wages, he will get a higher profile in Santos and I have no doubt he will be a sucess in the World Cup.
Then we sell him to Barca for 35mil + in the summer. get a grip blue our owners arnt daft. Everyones happy

Seriously after how he behaved at real and then city will anyone really pay £35 million for him and £160k a week. That sounds alot like defending him to me. The reported deal has us paying most of his wages as Santos cant afford too.

it's sad that the guy who scored THAT lob against arsenal has called it quits. he was insanely talented but just not suited to the football we need to play on a regular basis, and probably not committed enough to completely devote himself to adapting. I can't blame him for that, he came here in an awful rush.

I actually admire him for putting his happiness above the dosh. he was carted off to real at a very early age. he comes from a poor background, he's probably a very simple guy at heart. he grew up with a certain idea of the life of a brazilian superstar, and life in the cut-throat, hyper-pressurised world of european football wasn't what he wanted. he wants to take care of his family, he's earned enough to do that. now his family will be happier in brazil, and he can be the big fish at the club he grew up supporting.

I think anyone who says the fans have made this happen is probably well off the mark. the point here is, that even if it doesn't affect the player, constant negativity towards one player is just depressing for the rest of us to read, damages the feeling of togetherness and positivity at a time when we are looking better than ever. we have a squad full of players with enough talent and grit to go a long way, let's not get hung up on the individuals, any problems will take care of themselves.

i cannot work him out,you would think he would want to get his head down & graft to get us to the champs league..he should realise that nothing falls in your lap without working for it, cannot see him setting the world alight at the world cup with his type of attitude, seems like everyones to blame except himself imo.

alera said:

Well I go to every home game and like I said I have never once seen and fans on his back all I have seen is adulation and support from the fans. I would suggest that by congratulating him and wishing him well on his way after he has fucked us people are by default defending his behaviour.

Seriously after how he behaved at real and then city will anyone really pay £35 million for him and £160k a week. That sounds alot like defending him to me. The reported deal has us paying most of his wages as Santos cant afford too.

No we wont pay his bloody wages, its not defending him its common sense.
However you keep attacking him and buy into all the negative press.

Even with a big wage cut Santos cant afford to pay his wages or even half of them so if he goes there we will end up paying most of his wages anyone can see this.

If he signs till the end of the season and not 12 months like Santos and Robinho are apparently demanding, plays a blinder in the world cup maybe we get someone to buy him and get some money back but we are just in such a weak position if we let him dictate things and walk all over us.

I actually admire him for putting his happiness above the dosh. he was carted off to real at a very early age. he comes from a poor background, he's probably a very simple guy at heart. he grew up with a certain idea of the life of a brazilian superstar, and life in the cut-throat, hyper-pressurised world of european football wasn't what he wanted. he wants to take care of his family, he's earned enough to do that. now his family will be happier in brazil, and he can be the big fish at the club he grew up supporting.

Again that sounds like a pretty passoniate defence of the player and how he is behaving towards the club. Its hard to read that and think any thing but Robinho is bigger than our club and can effectively do what he wants.

alera said:
Even with a big wage cut Santos cant afford to pay his wages or even half of them so if he goes there we will end up paying most of his wages anyone can see this.

If he signs till the end of the season and not 12 months like Santos and Robinho are apparently demanding, plays a blinder in the world cup maybe we get someone to buy him and get some money back but we are just in such a weak position if we let him dictate things and walk all over us.

is paying less money in wages a bad thing if he's not going to play anyway?

Well it depends we have to be a bit careful as he stands us at £34 million is it correct to let a player dicate what happens, where he plays and for how long there is no point having players under contract is there ?

When we try to sell him clubs will look at the situation and think why do we need to play MCFC anything for Robinho ? He calls the shots decides who if plays for, we pay his wages and get him on a free / loan. This is basically what happened with Chelsea > Sheva and Crespo.
However you keep attacking him and buy into all the negative press.

Not really I would say the player releasing multiple official statements stating hes definately going to Santos and all its down to is him / Santos wanting 12 months to run his contract down further in stark contradiction to the clubs postion is pretty self evident what is going on.

How is that buying into negative press ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.