He's definitely off..

Well he isnt at home packing, he has turned up for training so my money is on him staying
I hope so he is too talented to give up on, just needs to stop sulking and try hard and it will come good

I'm a huge fan of Robbie's I had hoped that things would work out for him with us, but sadly it looks like they won't. That being said I was at the Arsenal game last season sitting right behind the flight of the ball for his chip and that will be one of the goals I will remember for the rest of my life, thank you Robinho for that.

Whilst i'll stick up for Robinho where appropriate, i don't understand what a 25 y.o is doing going back to Brazil and back to Santos.

Players go back to South America genrally when they're looking for a retirement home for a few years or, in Adriano's case, when they're properly fucked and in no fit state to be playing football at any general level of competition.

I hope Mancini sits down with him and puts him in his place; wheres the ambition the drive and the determination to "be the worlds best" gone? Is he more likely to get into the WC squad playing in England or Brazil... how will the brazilian league even test him and keep him sharp?

Its a massive over reaction, he's been out most of the season with a fractured leg and all of a sudden he's not Robinho, struggling to settle in the Prem yet still 2nd highest goalscorer. He's Robinho "get him out and bring in a runner. i like running. running makes me feel safe. Run.".

GStar said:
Whilst i'll stick up for Robinho where appropriate, i don't understand what a 25 y.o is doing going back to Brazil and back to Santos.

Players go back to South America genrally when they're looking for a retirement home for a few years or, in Adriano's case, when they're properly fucked and in no fit state to be playing football at any general level of competition.

I hope Mancini sits down with him and puts him in his place; wheres the ambition the drive and the determination to "be the worlds best" gone? Is he more likely to get into the WC squad playing in England or Brazil... how will the brazilian league even test him and keep him sharp?

Its a massive over reaction, he's been out most of the season with a fractured leg and all of a sudden he's not Robinho, struggling to settle in the Prem yet still 2nd highest goalscorer. He's Robinho "get him out and bring in a runner. i like running. running makes me feel safe. Run.".

Exactly he says he wants to be the best, going santos is taking 100 steps back. If he has any desire he will stay and fight his way into the team.
If he goes santos then he is finished full stop, he is kidding himself if he thinks he will walk straight into barcas team.
They are producing kid after kid with the same talent but with alot more fight and determination.

yea spot on, finally robbie scores and puts in a confidence growing performance and then he declares he's off!

i commented in another thread, it's a cowardly attitude to run away from a bit of bad form. Surely it would be better for him, if he played and worked hard to get into full form and get some goal, rather than running off to brazil for an easy time.

returning to the brazillian graveyard for international who can no longer hack it..ronaldo, adriano, carlos, vagner love

You don't stick a player of Robinho's ability and standing within the game on the bench, and then rub his nose in it by bringing him on and taking him off in the same game, and then expect him to stick around. Very, very naive piece of management by Mancini. Unless he was deliberately trying to get rid without any blame being attached to himself, in which case it was very clever (if you could ever describe getting rid of a top quality player clever).

hgblue said:
You don't stick a player of Robinho's ability and standing within the game on the bench, and then rub his nose in it by bringing him on and taking him off in the same game, and then expect him to stick around. Very, very naive piece of management by Mancini. Unless he was deliberately trying to get rid without any blame being attached to himself, in which case it was very clever (if you could ever describe getting rid of a top quality player clever).

lmao I knew you would be here saying robbie is blameless. Rather have mancini any day.

hgblue said:

I hadn't thought about it that way - good point.

I know had he been treated like that a month or so earlier Robinho would be the Messiah and a few others would be "clueless, inept" etc.

Just goes to show how people fit the pieces together how they want to see things.

If he stays I will be dead chuffed..If he goes and we get Neymar as part of the deal I will be dead chuffed..

For me its a win win scenario... :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.