he's not my captain!

bluetonium said:
What happened to good old fashioned rivalry? It's an International friendly not a 'pull together chaps' must-win qualifier!

I admit Fabio has a little more ability than me in football management and I can see that Rooney has talent - if he scores the winner in the World Cup Final I'll gladly cheer his name for once - but by God I'm not going to openly admit it! He's a red and I'm a blue! Have some decency and be infuriated when our own Gareth Barry is overlooked for England captaincy and it goes instead to a guy the media claim has grown up the precise second his missus popped one out.

It's a meaningless friendly. Sometimes managers are in the position that Capello's in now, and they have a chance to give a bit of recognition to Rooney who is, like it or not, the best player on the pitch by a mile. That and the fact he's more experienced and sometimes when you give a player like Rooney the captaincy it controls their temper just a bit, and adds to his confidence, something that will be needed to beat Brazil.

Why are ye getting so worked up it's a friendly. A meaningless one at that. Get over it.

IrishMacca said:
Why are ye getting so worked up it's a friendly. A meaningless one at that. Get over it.

Calm down mate! I was trying a bit of humour - seem to have not got that bit of my post as well as the bit where I said that I recognise its just a friendly. Oh well, was having a laugh and never mind. Sorry that my attempt at humour looks like me getting worked up, didn't sound like that to me when I wrote it.

Back on topic, personally I have my doubts about Rooney as captain but understand why he has got it. It's no biggie. As a City fan I would have been proud to see Barry handed the captaincy and would have added an extra dimension to the game for me.

I thought this thread was something to do with Dead Poets Society...

3 min 16
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8UL_9R_W-Y[/youtube]

Bellamy's Caddy said:
I thought this thread was something to do with Dead Poets Society...

3 min 16
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8UL_9R_W-Y[/youtube]
The cleaning lady's going to need another fu*@ing tin of Mr Sheen!

nobody on here is questioning his talent as a footballer, its his conduct on the field of play. his temperament has always been and will always be in question until he curbs his 'passion' (feckin joke of a description - but thats for another thread).

gazza was a great player also but no way would you have him as captain, some people are not cut out for it, and a bloke that would rather shout and moan instead of talk and play is not either.

only tuesday he was warned of his conduct by the fa for talking shite into the cameras at chelski, this is the latest in a long line of misdemeanors.

when he acts professional, then maybe he could be considered, but as far as i can see he has been given footballs top honour and does not deserve it.

oh, hang on a sec, its ok i am wrong, he plays for the rags so he must be suitable. silly me!!!

A worthless bauble indeed if they can give it to that scouse muppet

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.