hey everyone and where will we finish this season?

I think fourth.

I don't think Villa or Everton will finish above us and I think we can take Arsenal.

I reckon top 5 and possibly win the Carling Cup. FA Cup has not been very lucky for us since 1981.

seriously, anybody that thinks sixth place is satisfactory, please give me a reasonable explanation why. anything less than fifth and hughes should go. why should it be acceptable for any club, other than the 'top four', to finish above us?

8th.

Hope im wrong, but dont think so.

He'll have Tevez playing right wing, Toure in midfield, it'll b a fucking mess and Hughes will just carry on with his shit excuses.

8th. I do hope not, obviously, but can't see everyone gelling early on and it'll take some time until we find our momentum. This may bring frustration.

Just punched myself, so 6th!!!

rastus said:
As our squad stands 6th or 7th, if we get a creative midfielder, another tall striker (if RSC isnt fully recovered, Ade gets injured or Africa cup, can we recall Jo?) and a couple of class defenders then 4th-6th.

What?

You are seriously of the opinion that this squad needs 4 class signings to be able to scrape together enough points to finish above Spurs, Villa and Fulham.

Are you aware that the money spent on this squad dwarfs that spent by the other clubs over the last 5, in some cases 10, years?

That the likes of West Ham, Fulham and Spurs all have relatively new managers and they aren't constantly banging on about needing a squad full of their own players and 'gelling'?

That we have ripped the heart out of Villa by signing their best playr and captain and that the strongest part of their team over the past couple of seasons has lost Laursen and Mellberg last year?

That our squad contains players that are so far above the quality of these teams squads that it is laughable?

And you reckon they we aren't up to doing anymore than possibly scraping a few points more than the likes of these?

Jeez, some people really have swallowed it.

A 6th place finish would be ok if it was the sort of sixth place finish that saw us making a genuine challenge for top four for most of the season. If it is the usual sixth place, 25 point off fourth, 15 points off fifth and 7 points off 13th (which is the usual sort of make up of sixth place) then it would be a joke return on the talent in this squad and the money invested.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.