HG GK to replace Bravo?

Finding a homegrown keeper that is happy to be second choice who is good enough to fill the void in the event of an injury to Ederson and is able to play the way Pep wants will be extremely hard.

I remember constantly hearing that we should promote Angus Gunn because we're wasting a foreign spot but it's taking for granted that Ederson won't get injured. If he did, our season would collapse in that scenario.

Say what you want about his first season but Bravo has played a big part in three domestic trophy wins. His distribution is also top notch which is a prerequisite of any goalkeeper who plays for us. Also, despite being brought in as first choice and demoted to back-up in his first season, he hasn't caused any trouble as far as I'm aware.

Bravo is often mocked by our fanbase but I think he'll actually be pretty hard to replace.

Thought we had that with Muric? perhaps his disaster at Forest is a blessing, but the long term it is the Irish lad

We don't need to cut any if we are talking about a replacement for Bravo.
There are no HG keepers out there that I think we would bother going for. Bravo may of course wish to move on which would mean Steffen or someone else taking over but otherwise I think the plan is to keep Bravo till the end of his contract.

Don't believe so. He was on our books for less than three years.
Shame, I know hes a running gag and all that and by no means a world class gk, but would be a pretty decent number 2 behind Eddie with some qualities that would suit us, and a good chance he has grown to despise the scousers and their hypocrisy

There are no HG keepers out there that I think we would bother going for. Bravo may of course wish to move on which would mean Steffen or someone else taking over but otherwise I think the plan is to keep Bravo till the end of his contract.
Yes, I thought this was Bravo's last year .

Finding a homegrown keeper that is happy to be second choice who is good enough to fill the void in the event of an injury to Ederson and is able to play the way Pep wants will be extremely hard.

I remember constantly hearing that we should promote Angus Gunn because we're wasting a foreign spot but it's taking for granted that Ederson won't get injured. If he did, our season would collapse in that scenario.

Say what you want about his first season but Bravo has played a big part in three domestic trophy wins. His distribution is also top notch which is a prerequisite of any goalkeeper who plays for us. Also, despite being brought in as first choice and demoted to back-up in his first season, he hasn't caused any trouble as far as I'm aware.

Bravo is often mocked by our fanbase but I think he'll actually be pretty hard to replace.
He is quite happy to sit on the bench and play when he gets called upon so that is why he is important. But I think he is average at best mate . Pep saw enough first season to think this guy is not gonna cut it.

Serious question, is Karius homegrown?
200.webp

Not at all, considering he was with us as a youngster he could have been homegrown, and then he actually would be the best 2nd keeper we could have, barring Schmeichel who would never leave a very good Leicester to sit on the bench. If you take away the car-crash CL-final and the mental collapse afterwards which he received no support for he was decent for Liverpool, not brilliant by any means but certainly a lot better than Claudio, who IMO as a short keeper was too reliant on his athleticism in his prime, and after his move to us that has declined with age, leaving him as not very good.

But yes, I do know that currently he is a joke figure along the lines of Titus Bramble and others

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.