HH Sheikh Mansour congratulates City fans

Mike N said:
Eastlands said:
Mike N said:
Why would someone go onto a comments page and pretend to be a blue when quite obviously he is a horrible Rag? 'Dignity and pride'? Fuck me, these lot are pathetic.

I must have been pretending for sixty years then, unlike many on these pages I actually went to Maine Road and now to Eastlands . I grew up in Bradford, Manchester and my comment seeks to balance the euphoria of city's success against the motivations of it's new owners who seek to launder their reputation by pretending it's all done for Manchester City supporters in order to promote the global branding of their undemocratic Country and it's Etihad Airways - National Airline of United Arab Emirates
Read it again if you ever bothered to at all, he tells his people it's their club. If you don't get that, it's you who is pathetic

Tell me about 'Dignity and Pride' please. Or were you full of this when we had the embarrassing Peter Swales turn our club from a dynamic force into a joke of a club? And what did you feel when we won the league? Please tell us.

I think there's a distinct whiff of racism in your comments. Are you the great Mr Shindler, by any chance?

Pride my friend is to me about sixty years of support as a paying City fan through the thick and thin of all those years, plus the fact that I have three generations of my family currently holding season cards. I love the great football we are playing now and the success it brings, including our Premiership title and the bragging rights over United
Racism? Bert Trautman, a Nazi trooper, was my hero in 1953 just eight years after WW2 and still is but no, I am not comfortable with the current ownership for the reasons I have already stated. Neither am I happy with Munich chants. We lost one of our own in that disaster
One last point, successful or not, Peter Swales who loved this club, put thousands of pounds of his personal wealth into Manchester City before he died. Ask yourself how much you have contributed?

Eastlands said:
Mike N said:
Eastlands said:
I must have been pretending for sixty years then, unlike many on these pages I actually went to Maine Road and now to Eastlands . I grew up in Bradford, Manchester and my comment seeks to balance the euphoria of city's success against the motivations of it's new owners who seek to launder their reputation by pretending it's all done for Manchester City supporters in order to promote the global branding of their undemocratic Country and it's Etihad Airways - National Airline of United Arab Emirates
Read it again if you ever bothered to at all, he tells his people it's their club. If you don't get that, it's you who is pathetic

Tell me about 'Dignity and Pride' please. Or were you full of this when we had the embarrassing Peter Swales turn our club from a dynamic force into a joke of a club? And what did you feel when we won the league? Please tell us.

I think there's a distinct whiff of racism in your comments. Are you the great Mr Shindler, by any chance?

Pride my friend is to me about sixty years of support as a paying City fan through the thick and thin of all those years, plus the fact that I have three generations of my family currently holding season cards. I love the great football we are playing now and the success it brings, including our Premiership title and the bragging rights over United
Racism? Bert Trautman, a Nazi trooper, was my hero in 1953 just eight years after WW2 and still is but no, I am not comfortable with the current ownership for the reasons I have already stated. Neither am I happy with Munich chants. We lost one of our own in that disaster
One last point, successful or not, Peter Swales who loved this club, put thousands of pounds of his personal wealth into Manchester City before he died. Ask yourself how much you have contributed?

Great to hear about your 60 years of support Eastlands and how all your family are Blues.

Yes of course Sheikh Mansour's investment is not primarily for the benefit of us Blues but most of us will happily benefitof from his huge investment to promote Abu Dhabi. David Conn's Richer than God covers this ground well, whatever people think of the author.

Also, I have spoken to one or two peoe in the City of London and business acquaintances of our Abu Dhabi friends and most investments they make are virtually guaranteed to be a success. They are now seen as investment leaders so other international investors (as well business contacts in Abu Dhabi as we know) tend to lump on whatever Khaldoon and co have invested in - thus boosting the value of the initial investment. Clearly football ownership
Is not known for big profits - and this is not Khaldoon and Sheikh Mansour's main aims with City - but they might make a few quid out Olof is in the long run.

On the politics of Abu Dhabi, I share some of your concerns but equally attempts at democracy in the Middle East tend to have resulted in far more brutal outcomes e.g. Egypt. Also, our current owners are a step in the right direction compared to the Thaskin regime (who Indid confront about Scrn's sacking and lived to tell the tale).

Eastlands said:
Mike N said:
Eastlands said:

You keep going on about 60 support, I've got 40 years under my belt. Do you want a medal or something? And well done for being born in Bradford, you seem to mention that in ever post, like you need to validate your comments.

When we won the league, did you not have tears in your eyes like the rest of us old farts? Most of the old uns never thought they'd see that again.

What the hell has Munich chants got to do with it? Why dont get back to your ridiculous 'Eastlands is the name of our stadium' campaign. 'Eastlands' doesnt exist, never did. For the record no-one ever used that name, only you.

I've looked back at your previous posts and I sticking with the racist tag. There's something decidedly odd about your posts. I think you've got a problem with him being an Arab and the fact that 'his country has no democracy' FFS! And dont forget your 'Im not going to kiss Mansour's arse'! Priceless.

Oh and if you really think the awful Swales put 'thousands of pounds of his personal wealth' into the club you are sadly mistaken. He reduced a wealthy, successful club to near bankruptcy. If you really supported our club in the 80's you might remember the 3/4 full games and 20,000 official crowd? How do you explain that? Please, tell me. I was part of the 'Forward with Franny' campaign and I know that if Swales 'loved the club' he would have fucked off years before. That was a direct quote from a true great former player who spoke at Mount Road Transport club as part of the campaign to get rid of Swales. He was despised by the fans. He loved his position and what he had at the F.A.

Pride. Do you not think that Mansour has not given us back our pride? When my son was the only kid at his primary school in his city shirt 15 years ago, I would have said you were mad to think we'd one day be champions again.

Mike N said:
Eastlands said:
Mike N said:

You keep going on about 60 support, I've got 40 years under my belt. Do you want a medal or something? And well done for being born in Bradford, you seem to mention that in ever post, like you need to validate your comments.

When we won the league, did you not have tears in your eyes like the rest of us old farts? Most of the old uns never thought they'd see that again.

What the hell has Munich chants got to do with it? Why dont get back to your ridiculous 'Eastlands is the name of our stadium' campaign. 'Eastlands' doesnt exist, never did. For the record no-one ever used that name, only you.

I've looked back at your previous posts and I sticking with the racist tag. There's something decidedly odd about your posts. I think you've got a problem with him being an Arab and the fact that 'his country has no democracy' FFS! And dont forget your 'Im not going to kiss Mansour's arse'! Priceless.

Oh and if you really think the awful Swales put 'thousands of pounds of his personal wealth' into the club you are sadly mistaken. He reduced a wealthy, successful club to near bankruptcy. If you really supported our club in the 80's you might remember the 3/4 full games and 20,000 official crowd? How do you explain that? Please, tell me. I was part of the 'Forward with Franny' campaign and I know that if Swales 'loved the club' he would have fucked off years before. That was a direct quote from a true great former player who spoke at Mount Road Transport club as part of the campaign to get rid of Swales. He was despised by the fans. He loved his position and what he had at the F.A.

Pride. Do you not think that Mansour has not given us back our pride? When my son was the only kid at his primary school in his city shirt 15 years ago, I would have said you were mad to think we'd one day be champions again.

here here, seems there is always somebody who wants to moan on here! Sheikh Mansoor has done nothing but good things for the club and is clearly here for the long term. we are truly blessed to have him as has put the club in a position I could only of dreamt off until recently

CTID 25 years a blue!

Mike N said:
.I've looked back at your previous posts and I sticking with the racist tag. There's something decidedly odd about your posts. .

I was thinking the exact same thing yesterday Mike after reading his bilge.

Mike N said:
Eastlands said:
Mike N said:
Eastlands said:
Why dont get back to your ridiculous 'Eastlands is the name of our stadium' campaign. 'Eastlands' doesnt exist, never did. For the record no-one ever used that name, only you.

We came to Eastlands (Area) from Maine Road 2003

Manchester Evening News 29/10/13
One of the restaurants chosen by the team was the swanky Vermilion Cinnabar, close to Manchester City’s EASTLANDS football ground

eastlands3.jpg

Just me then

Metrolink2.jpg

Just me then

Eastlands%20Bar.jpg

Wonder if the Sheikh will be on the phone to Khaldoon and then Soriano?

Eastlands said:
Mike N said:
Eastlands said:
Mike N said:
Eastlands said:
Why dont get back to your ridiculous 'Eastlands is the name of our stadium' campaign. 'Eastlands' doesnt exist, never did. For the record no-one ever used that name, only you.

We came to Eastlands (Area) from Maine Road 2003

Manchester Evening News 29/10/13
One of the restaurants chosen by the team was the swanky Vermilion Cinnabar, close to Manchester City’s EASTLANDS football ground

eastlands3.jpg

Just me then

Metrolink2.jpg

Just me then

Eastlands%20Bar.jpg

Jesus, let it go!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.