Hiddink - Kaka bid immoral

It's immoral because it's Manchester City spending the money but moral for Chelsea Liverpool and United to spend hundreds of millions of pounds on their squads over the years.

There are a handful of players who are in this category and Kaka is one of them. It doesn't matter who bids for him. If it is United they will still have to pay the same.

I think Abramovitch should remind Hiddink just how much money he has tipped up for Chelsea to spend and without it Hiddink wouldn't be working with these players.

bluemoon05 said:
This quote has been misunderstood by a lot of people, basically he's saying it's immoral to pay so much for footballers but its difficult to say where to draw the line which is fair comment.

Yea, that's how I see it. Just the headline that makes him look like he's attacking us

cookster said:
Hiddink has joined the anti city party.....

Chelsea’s temporary manager also labelled City’s £105m pursuit of AC Milan superstar Kaka as ‘immoral’.
Hiddink added: “With Kaka then yes, it’s immoral. But where are the boundaries where it is moral or not?
“Is it with £10m or £100m? It is difficult to say whether it’s immoral for £100m but £50m is moral.”

£50M is moral, £100 is immoral WTF

It's not immoral then for Chelsea to spend over £500 to become a top 4 club?

Oh come on, cookster, you know perfectly well that £50 million on one player is not immoral. Far from it. It is to be applauded. But 100 mill is an evil-doing scandal.

cookster said:

Chelsea’s temporary manager also labelled City’s £105m pursuit of AC Milan superstar Kaka as ‘immoral’.
Hiddink added: “With Kaka then yes, it’s immoral. But where are the boundaries where it is moral or not?
“Is it with £10m or £100m? It is difficult to say whether it’s immoral for £100m but £50m is moral.”

Re read what he's said... his opinion is a £100m bid is immoral then he's asking "But where do you put the boundries?" £10m for a footballer, is that moral?

Not anti City just his opinion on a bid that would ahve broken the transfer record threefold.

Hiddink will reportedly earn £2.5 million for his 14 week stint at Stamford Bridge, to go with the £6m a season he receives from the Russian Football Union.
hypocrite.jpg

cookster said:

The simple answer is this

When Chelsea (or any of the Sky Four) do something, it great and they're amazing

When City do it, we're killing football and we're crap

The Fat el Hombre said:
I don't think it's that anti-city if you read the full quote. £100 million is immoral, and if you read the last bit it kind of says to me that he wasn't just having a dig at City:

But where are the boundaries where it is moral or not?

yes, after posting I went to find the source and read it myself - he doesn't actually say that it is immoral, what he's saying is that it is hard to say if it is or isn't; ie. where is the line drawn.

stupid argument anyway... morality and wealth; around 1/3 of the world's population don't even have electricity, so there's another relative to fathom - it is never ending and we should all count ourselves very lucky.

When football managers of the calibre of Hiddink, who 'knows and understands' the game thoroughly at club and international level, starts to moralise and pontificate on the seedy business of professional sport, which has afforded him a substantial living over the years, it is time to reach for Hermann Goering's revolver.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.