Hiking thread

inchy14

stunned, dazed and still can't quite believe it!!
Well we’ve got a running and cycling thread, was going to start a swimming one but not too many do it so decided to start this one.

In the past 12 months really got into getting out hiking with my girlfriend, I’ve done stuff in the past like the 3 peaks and Yorkshire 3 peaks but it was totally new to her. Last year we climbed Helvellyn then a few months later we climbed Ben Nevis. We climbed Scafell pike last weekend and finally did Snowdon today. We’ve also done Mam Tor and Kinder scout over the last month and I’m now wondering were to go next.
We’ve got a trip up in the Cheviots next month already planned and are looking at doing the Old man of Conniston soon too but want to know any other recommendations from other walkers.
We live in North Manchester so don’t want to have to travel to far, ideally get there, up down and home same day, can’t always stay over a night.

So come on fellow mooners.... where next?

Me and the missus are off to Ullswater on the 19th and spending 3 days hiking and camping a few routes. It is a fantastic stress reliever and natural anti depressants. Hopefully I dont want to boot her off the side of a mountain after day 2 though.

Some great routes local to Manchester as well. Up Saddleworth way there is an absolute ton of trails and climbs that are beyond belief. Lovely part of the world is Uppermill and Delph. Edale and Hayfield are my personal favourites going out the other way.

Well we’ve got a running and cycling thread, was going to start a swimming one but not too many do it so decided to start this one.

In the past 12 months really got into getting out hiking with my girlfriend, I’ve done stuff in the past like the 3 peaks and Yorkshire 3 peaks but it was totally new to her. Last year we climbed Helvellyn then a few months later we climbed Ben Nevis. We climbed Scafell pike last weekend and finally did Snowdon today. We’ve also done Mam Tor and Kinder scout over the last month and I’m now wondering were to go next.
We’ve got a trip up in the Cheviots next month already planned and are looking at doing the Old man of Conniston soon too but want to know any other recommendations from other walkers.
We live in North Manchester so don’t want to have to travel to far, ideally get there, up down and home same day, can’t always stay over a night.

So come on fellow mooners.... where next?
Howgills.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Howgill_Fells

Me and the missus are off to Ullswater on the 19th and spending 3 days hiking and camping a few routes. It is a fantastic stress reliever and natural anti depressants. Hopefully I dont want to boot her off the side of a mountain after day 2 though.

Some great routes local to Manchester as well. Up Saddleworth way there is an absolute ton of trails and climbs that are beyond belief. Lovely part of the world is Uppermill and Delph. Edale and Hayfield are my personal favourites going out the other way.
Might try a couple of those, was in edale couple of weeks ago and I regularly cycle around Uppermill and Delph. Would love to spend a few days walking and camping but her ex isn’t the fairest when looking after their little one so one night away max currently is the best we can do.

Might try a couple of those, was in edale couple of weeks ago and I regularly cycle around Uppermill and Delph. Would love to spend a few days walking and camping but her ex isn’t the fairest when looking after their little one so one night away max currently is the best we can do.

Suppose anything is better than nothing cocker just enjoy what you can. Hopefully the situation eases a bit in the future to allow you to do a bit extra. Plus theres nothing better than smashing the wifes backdoors in, in the middle of the wilderness. Keeps our relationship ticking and we have amazing conversations about everything and anything.

Suppose anything is better than nothing cocker just enjoy what you can. Hopefully the situation eases a bit in the future to allow you to do a bit extra. Plus theres nothing better than smashing the wifes backdoors in, in the middle of the wilderness. Keeps our relationship ticking and we have amazing conversations about everything and anything.
Pics of said backdoor please

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.