Hilarious Brian Clough and Dean Saunders story

Clough is a legend to me, based on an interaction I had in the away dressing room while at Leeds.

I was designated to his (away team) dressing room at Leeds. I was picking up the towels and generally cleaning up the dressing room after the game while the players were getting sorted. As I was walking by a player, who was stood up on the seating getting dried off, he threw his towel on the floor in front of me, rather than hand it to me.

Clough saw this and immediately ordered him to get down (bollock naked!) and pick it up, then hand it to me!

I was a 15-16 year old nobody trying to make it at Leeds, but Clough saw me for what I was…a young lad trying to make my way in the game who deserved a modicum of respect for cleaning up their mess.

Clearly never forgotten it from 40+ years ago, and say what you will about him, when NOBODY was looking, and in front of his own players, he was willing to speak up for giving the smallest person in the room the respect they deserved.

Legend.

Clough is a legend to me, based on an interaction I had in the away dressing room while at Leeds.

I was designated to his (away team) dressing room at Leeds. I was picking up the towels and generally cleaning up the dressing room after the game while the players were getting sorted. As I was walking by a player, who was stood up on the seating getting dried off, he threw his towel on the floor in front of me, rather than hand it to me.

Clough saw this and immediately ordered him to get down (bollock naked!) and pick it up, then hand it to me!

I was a 15-16 year old nobody trying to make it at Leeds, but Clough saw me for what I was…a young lad trying to make my way in the game who deserved a modicum of respect for cleaning up their mess.

Clearly never forgotten it from 40+ years ago, and say what you will about him, when NOBODY was looking, and in front of his own players, he was willing to speak up for giving the smallest person in the room the respect they deserved.

Legend.
Silly question probably, but did the player do what Clough had ordered?

I don't care it's true. It's hilarious : )
The Mark Crossley stories are as good and more believable
I remember him being pulled up on it by Colin Murray on his show about it when they were on talkshite.

Nonetheless it's a funny tale.
The Mark Crossley stories about Cloughie are also funny and a bit more believable.

Legend.
That's a great story mate, and falls in line into everything I've always believed Cloughie to be.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.