Hillsborough - The Search for Truth

Damocles said:
A guy came into this thread and asked a very simple question (albeit phrased in a sarcastic way) and was hounded out of it. Well done everybody. Credit to the forum.

And of course you have never belittled another poster's ignorance, have you?
Just what is the view like from your bulletproof moderator's ivory tower?

For anyone wishing to educate themselves re hillsborough then a look at the independent panel's report is a useful starting point. Whilst it has its critics the panel report is as thorough if not more so than was expected. As for a suggestion that the justice campaign is a response for families' revenge ?

Damocles said:
A guy came into this thread and asked a very simple question (albeit phrased in a sarcastic way) and was hounded out of it. Well done everybody. Credit to the forum.

I thought the posters who responded to him were pretty much spot on. Answered his question of what the police were culpable of and was advised where to look for the evidence that supports this view.

Not sure I'd be running to the defence of someone who was being deliberately provacative and used the term "Mongery" in one of his posts.

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
Damocles said:

And of course you have never belittled another poster's ignorance, have you?
Just what is the view like from your bulletproof moderator's ivory tower?

Bulletproof?

I can't even defend a guy without somebody mentioning me being a moderator and whinging about it.

I find the irony somewhat pleasing now. On a match thread a week or two ago I got called "on a power trip" by a user for enforcing the clearly labelled and constantly repeated rules. I'm on that type of power trip where everybody is allowed to slag me off and I'm not allowed to ban them for it.

Prestwich_Blue said:
I don't think pooper helped his own cause at all. It's inexcusable for someone not to have even the most basic understanding of the events surrounding Hillsborough with the amount of stuff that's out there these days.

The Moon landing is closer to Hillsborough than Hillsborough is to now. We're at the point now where it's a generation away and there's an absolute shitload of sensationalist misinformation surrounding it. In fact I specifically remember a thread on here a few years back discussing it before the latest report and a load of people blamed it on the Liverpool fans still.

I do think it's very difficult for younger people to understand how it was in those days. The whole atmosphere surrounding football and the policing of it was so different in 1989 I remember watching the drama unfold on tv - horrifying. It's a very emotive subject but I think people do need to understand that sometimes people who weren't born then or were too young to understand what was going on may ask what seem to be stupid questions or make stupid comments in our eyes. Every football fan at that time was horror struck at the events. I, as are many people are still horrified at the decisions that were made that day by the people in authority and afterwards in an effort to cover their fatal decisions.

I agree............younger fans will just not understand the issues as they haven't been to grounds like that with so many fans crammed in........along with climbing walls to gain access, paying turnstile staff to get in or jibbing in for nowt.

It was a very different era.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.