Without wanting to sound like an old-fart(I'm 35), I cannot imagine that anytime in my youth that I would have been happy listening to that.

In terms of sales, I may not be completely up to speed with this, but aren't charts now mainly based on streams. So, for example if people hear about a terrible song they may go and listen(for free) just to find out how bad it really is - this wouldn't have been the case in the past as people would have to pay for a physical copy

Think about how a streaming chart works - if people think a song is shit they are only going to listen to it once, or they won't share it. To reach the top of the chart you still have to be the most popular song.

Think about how a streaming chart works - if people think a song is shit they are only going to listen to it once, or they won't share it. To reach the top of the chart you still have to be the most popular song.

I accept that but the song is shit so how does it get to the top of the charts? I think that the fact it is terrible has help the publicity

"I had to give you a career just to destroy it" was pretty ruthless

Haha yep he said similar to Nick Cannon in the warning. Glad he has decided to start ruffling the feathers of a few of these shitheads. 50 loves beef hopefully he gets something going as well. Although 50 is an astute business man he just signed takeshi69 as he knows he can make a fortune off him.

I accept that but the song is shit so how does it get to the top of the charts? I think that the fact it is terrible has help the publicity

Lil Pump is ridiculously popular with a younger teenage audience who probably think it's great.

Lil Pump is ridiculously popular with a younger teenage audience who probably think it's great.

I expect that you are right. I am not down with the kids

My original point was Kanye West was a genius and had to write/produce brilliant songs and albums to get to the top of the charts. This seems like he's downed tools and is happy to pump(no pun intended) any old shite as long as it is popular with a certain demographic

My original point was Kanye West was a genius and had to write/produce brilliant songs and albums to get to the top of the charts. This seems like he's downed tools and is happy to pump(no pun intended) any old shite as long as it is popular with a certain demographic

Not every Queen song was Bohemian Rhapsody.

To be fair to Kanye, he's put out 2 albums so far this year, just announced a follow up to yeezus (called yandhi) coming out in a few weeks, a collaboration with Chance is supposedly coming later this year and Watch the Throne 2 after that, so this was probably just a little side project for a laugh.

Without wanting to sound like an old-fart(I'm 35), I cannot imagine that anytime in my youth that I would have been happy listening to that.

In terms of sales, I may not be completely up to speed with this, but aren't charts now mainly based on streams. So, for example if people hear about a terrible song they may go and listen(for free) just to find out how bad it really is - this wouldn't have been the case in the past as people would have to pay for a physical copy
I'm the same age and all you can do is feel sorry for the youth of today who have only got these nobs to relate to. My brother is 10 years younger than me but i made sure he still understands that MC's like Rakim will always be the greatest.

One of the best tracks ever, this whole album was fire. Shame he was in the accident and it cost him his flow because DOC could have been one of the all time greats IMO.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.