Run The Jewels 4 out today. Important record with a message I'm sure. Might dust off Fantastic Voyage by EL-P later.
I'm really not sure about RTJ, i've tried a few times to get into them but they themselves are pretty average in my eyes. For instance, JU$T is a good song with a good message, but RTJ are the worst thing about it and Zack De La Rocha just hijacks and owns the whole thing.

I'm really not sure about RTJ, i've tried a few times to get into them but they themselves are pretty average in my eyes. For instance, JU$T is a good song with a good message, but RTJ are the worst thing about it and Zack De La Rocha just hijacks and owns the whole thing.
I appreciate that view and I only dip into hip hop now and again so you probably know more than me. I do know that De La Rocha dominates anything he's involved in.

I appreciate that view and I only dip into hip hop now and again so you probably know more than me. I do know that De La Rocha dominates anything he's involved in.
It's just a difference in taste, my brother absolutely loves RTJ. Yeah, De La Rocha is really a firecracker and i'm a bit surprised someone like DJ Premier hasn't given him a go at a full hip hop album although i believe he tried it after leaving Rage and didn't really vibe with it.

Rap and Hip Hop finished after Eminem and Dre. Can't think of anything decent after that. Check this out-

LOL! Are you just getting into psychedelic funk??! All good, bro, if you are!

Anyway, I thought this was interesting as well as research into this generational sound of 'triple flow' that I hate so much!

'Triple flow' sounds annoying when it's over used and that is still a trend and, thus, why I hate it. It loses the impact, however, there are the odd musical geniuses that know how to use it to full effect.

It's odd how loving 'Bone, Thugs', I never really considered them 'triple flow' as the subject matter was complex and mathematical compared to 99% of modern day exponents of this style.

Rap and Hip Hop finished after Eminem and Dre. Can't think of anything decent after that. Check this out-

Eminem and Dre were just mainstream chart acts.

Hip hop is so much more than dross like them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.