Historic child sex abuse cases being covered up

Yeah I understand its a hell of a pledge, but for it not to even be mentioned as an issue by any party in a post WW2 election is puzzling.
I don't think the country is run by nonces as the thread suggests, but there is clearly too much smoke for there to be no fire - even if that fire is quite small in reality.

I don't think the country is run by nonces as the thread suggests, but there is clearly too much smoke for there to be no fire - even if that fire is quite small in reality.

As the OP, it would be a deluded stance to believe all in power are such, but I think it is highly likely that a significant number of individuals in senior positions of authority, or wealth are able to act with impunity, because the system closes ranks regardless of their actions.

Last edited:
As the OP, it would be a deluded stance to believe all in power are such, but I think it is highly likely that a significant number individuals in senior positions of authority, or wealth are able to act with impunity, because the system closes ranks regardless of their actions.
I think suspicions and allegations get swept under the carpet because of a reluctance to investigate them in case they are untrue and ruin innocent lives. Sadly this leads to nonces like Jimmy Savile being able to hide in plain site for years.

I think suspicions and allegations get swept under the carpet because of a reluctance to investigate them in case they are untrue and ruin innocent lives. Sadly this leads to nonces like Jimmy Savile being able to hide in plain site for years.

100% agree Cliff Richard also agrees

The pattern of abuse followed by neglect by police and social services is repeated over and over again. See Keighley, Bradford, Halifax, Rotherham, etc etc .
The essential features are always the same: gangs of mainly asian men, takeaways, taxis, pickups at care homes allowed by the supposed carers, blaming the victims, cover ups, a campaigner who blows it open and has their reputation traduced by the authorities. The Keighley MP Anne Cryer was branded a racist by her own agent; the investigator of the Rotherham case was sacked; David Steele said : "If Cyril Smith smacked a few bottoms, so what?"
What is wrong with these people? Why are none of them ever brought to book?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.