History

I'm gonna tell you my tale
About how I loved and how I failed

History is an easy enough term to define.. It ran from the mid-60s to the late 80s, plus an additional 'One Night In Istanbul' in 2005 - that particular date is allowed qualify for 'history'.

Anything that happened either between these dates, or outside of these dates, to any other club other than Liverpool, simply doesn't count as 'history'....

There's also a formula you need to remember - the length of time since your last league title is inversely proportional to the importance of your history - i.e. the longer Liverpool go without winning a League Title, the more important, glorious and sensational their 'history' becomes.

There you have it. It's the main reason it's been so difficult to convince Aguero not to sign for Liverpool.

Wexford Blue said:
There's also a formula you need to remember - the length of time since your last league title is inversely proportional to the importance of your history - i.e. the longer Liverpool go without winning a League Title, the more important, glorious and sensational their 'history' becomes.
I don't wish to be pedantic (actually I do) but that would be directly proportionate not inversely. I.e. as one increases so does the other. Sorry ;)

Fuzzmaster101 said:
Wexford Blue said:
I don't wish to be pedantic (actually I do) but that would be directly proportionate not inversely. I.e. as one increases so does the other. Sorry ;)

Ha ha, feck it, that's true.. been a while since my last maths exam..

This subject is the one thing that gets my blood boiling! I will listen to any drivel the media, rival fans etc spout and it's like water off a ducks back but this really annoys me. For example Beckhams recent outpouring. No shock, former scum player supporting them, him believing that only the last 20 years count in football, no surprise but him saying we will never have the scums history pushes all my buttons. If he means recent success say success but not history.

City is dripping with history for me a newish fan ( I started supporting the week Mark Hughes took over for reasons I won't bore you with) but I am as obsessed with the history of the club as much as the current day. How could you not be? The amazing highs and lows. I have said before that I go through usernames on here to find players and read about them currently Billy Meredith ( just dropping that in to prove the Welsh have played a part so I should be given a wildcard for those who don't like others supporting City, notice I am glossing over his ban everyone loves a bad boy ;)

Anyway I am rambling now but I think City has a full and rich history and I love it. Just wish others would not confuse History with Success. I know the future is the priority but in my mind we have many players and events that have laid foundations for our future success to be built on.

I remember thinking when Abramovich took over Chelsea:
"Why has he bought them, they've got no history"

I've become a little more objective since the Sheikh took over - its born out of fans of "historically more successful clubs" that aren't successful nowadays being plain jealous.

Liverpool fans are the obvious one's here closely followed by Arsenal. Utd fans don't tend to give a shit cos they're still winning trophies.

Just think though with out City the scum would now be history after all the times we've helped them out.
That knowledge always makes me chuckle when I hear the scum talk about history

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.