History

Arsenal are the only club in the Premier League who didn't achieve their top flight status on merit - they bought their way in. I'm not sure it's a history I would want.

Liverpool players were caught taking bungs to throw matches. I'm not sure it's a history I would want.

The rags threw out the widows of the munich victims from the club houses. I'm not sure it's a history I would want.

I'm happy that we are making history rather than living our lives through history.

Joint 8th on all-time major trophy winners just going by total numbers of cups and top division titles.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.myfootballfacts.com/All-TimeEnglishTrophyWinners1871-72to2008-09.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.myfootballfacts.com/All-Time ... 08-09.html</a>

That'll do me until we start getting more. Do you think any everton fan would take a bet we won't overtake them (15 ot our 10) over the next several years?

CBlue said:
Arsenal are the only club in the Premier League who didn't achieve their top flight status on merit - they bought their way in. I'm not sure it's a history I would want.

Liverpool players were caught taking bungs to throw matches. I'm not sure it's a history I would want.

The rags threw out the widows of the munich victims from the club houses. I'm not sure it's a history I would want.

I'm happy that we are making history rather than living our lives through history.
It's nice to be able to toss mud back at them like that, but you should know we have skeletons in our cupboards too.

bluemoondays said:
Joint 8th on all-time major trophy winners just going by total numbers of cups and top division titles.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.myfootballfacts.com/All-TimeEnglishTrophyWinners1871-72to2008-09.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.myfootballfacts.com/All-Time ... 08-09.html</a>

That'll do me until we start getting more. Do you think any everton fan would take a bet we won't overtake them (15 ot our 10) over the next several years?

But that's success, not history....

gotto63 said:
In the minds of idiots success = history

Exactly and in fairness some City fans are buying into this also.

There are a thousands of stories and spectacular memories which create our history many more important than the trophies we have won.

I supported City through family and as I have learnt more about the club I am amazed at the clubs unique history.

Its the old, old adage my pedigree chums....If you tell yourself something enough times you will start to believe it!!!

City have got no history
City have got no history
City have got no history
City have got no history
City have got no history
City have got no history
City have got no history
It keeps them in their comfort zone and helps them sleep a little easier...Like Beckham for instance..Man City will never be as big as Man United...How many times we heard that one?

So tell them ..Your history is exactly that..Ancient fooking HISTORY, were as we have just started making ours..Enjoy the ride...

An analogy:

I woke up yesterday morning late for work because there had been a power cut in the night and so the alarm clock didn't go off. I jumped up out of bed and stubbed my little toe on the bedroom door - splitting it open with blood pouring everywhere. Had a shower (toe stinging like mad) before limping downstairs to put the kettle on. Burnt the toast before spilling the coffee down my white shirt.

Whilst driving to work I hit every fucking red light on the road thus making me even later for the presentation I was supposed to deliver at work. Finally got in work before remembering that I'd forgot to pick up the memory stick (which had my presentation on it) from the coffee table. I felt like crying.

On the way home I got a flat tyre. Fucking gutted! Got out to change it and the heavens opened and I got absolutely drenched.

Couldn't be arsed cooking when I got home because of the day I'd had so I ordered a Mighty Meat from Dominos. It came on time and so I thought my luck was finally changing; opened the box and it was a fucking Vegetable Supreme.

Went to put on City's match from the previous day but the Sky Plus had fucked up.

Finally dragged myself up the stairs to bed feeling fed-up, emotionally drained and sorry for myself...

History isn't just about the good times, it's about the whole journey: the ups and the downs, the colourful and the drab, the trials and tribulations suffered. Success doesn't equal history, experience equals history. Thick and thin equals history.

Some of the most memorable moments, days or weeks in all our lives have been dark, cold places. Whether it's a nightmarish day described above, City getting beaten by Stockport or something else doesn't matter, we learn from it and move forward and that memory becomes a part of us, part of our history.

One thing your history should teach you is that those you try to humiliate on your way up are going to be the first ones to kick you in the bollocks when you are on your way back down .

Since the war, we've won all the domestic trophies at least once and a European trophy. A few clubs have done that but teams like Everton (who usually sing 'You've Never Won Fuck All') haven't as they've never won the Leagur Cup.

We were also the first English club to win both a domestic and European Trophy in the same season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.