Hobbies for the middle aged man

Loads of midi keyboards come with a free copy of Ableton lite / Fruity Loops, and usually other stuff, some of which is damned good. It's enough to get you hooked and having a laugh expressing yourself.

Cheap 25 key mini Akai's start from 80 quid, but there's usually deals on second user / open box.
Arturia Keylab Essential is a cracker, 49 full size keys and a proper quality interface, very nice at £160 odd

Or if you're not into keys, you could start with a Launchpad.

I mention them because they're all proper boys toys, with pads to drum, colorful displays, nobs, wheels, sliders.

Many obstacles to remixing old tunes have disappeared, we now have free apps like UVR, which can rip any tune into component instrument / vocal stems.
....could we have that in English please !!

Loads of midi keyboards come with a free copy of Ableton lite / Fruity Loops, and usually other stuff, some of which is damned good. It's enough to get you hooked and having a laugh expressing yourself.

Cheap 25 key mini Akai's start from 80 quid, but there's usually deals on second user / open box.
Arturia Keylab Essential is a cracker, 49 full size keys and a proper quality interface, very nice at £160 odd

Or if you're not into keys, you could start with a Launchpad.

I mention them because they're all proper boys toys, with pads to drum, colorful displays, nobs, wheels, sliders.

Many obstacles to remixing old tunes have disappeared, we now have free apps like UVR, which can rip any tune into component instrument / vocal stems.
Cheers mate, I want to get into the midi stuff/digital recording. I've only ever done analogue (not anal) on a trusty old Teac reel to reel. Is the Arturia Keylab a good one to start with?

May have been mentioned ,but a bloke called Bob Ross has a t.v. series about painting. (Canvas, not gutters or garage doors. )
His instructions and style makes it easy ,even for someone like me, who was 44th out of 44 in my class at school.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.