Holiday advice

Love Holidays and On The Beach have just resigned from ABTA, so they will not be governed by their rules for refunds.
If the plane flies you are scuppered whatever the govt advice is.
AVOID them both like the plague!

What if this happened when they were still with ABTA?
I had a package holiday that was cancelled by LH.
They refunded the ground elements eg hotel and transfer, but, as the Ryanair flight went ahead I am still battling them for a refund, they (LH) are telling me to get the refund from Ryanair which clearly won't happen as the flights went ahead.
I've thrown everything at them including the great advise off Martin Lewis plus this

I was lucky to get away to Rome for a week last week and had a fantastic time, I booked the trip last minute as rates weren't too bad in Italy and at no threat of being removed from the safe list. The food was superb and all of the historic/ancient sites were pretty quiet (forum, Colesium, Pantheon, Vatican, Trevi fountain etc). The Italians were very organised, your temp was taken at main attractions which was a 5 second job. I personally didn't find wearing a mask indoors and inconvenience, didn't need to wear them outside but did so in certain areas out of courtesy for other people. The airport security in both terminals was very smooth as obviously there's less passengers. Plane wasn't full so passengers could spread out.

I think I will look to book a winter city break at last minute, rates closer to the time will determine where.

Good luck to all of those with planned trips.

I was due in Rome for Italy v Wales in the Euros. Italy has been on the list for years and years.

Ryanair are swines. Return to Berlin was £50 but add in paid for hand luggage plus getting to a shitty airport and the fare has almost trebled. I've paid a bit extra for BA from Heathrow and back in to London City but it's just a better experience. I think I got a free beer last time.

Ryanair launching a BOGOF at midnight.

No doubt it will be selected flights only, on the shittest routes with the worst flight times.

If it is fully legit across their network, they will likely get a sale from me for krakow in December. Currently £36 return (which is already very cheap) but I'll be clicking 'buy' if I can get me and my mate for that price.

Thanks for the heads up, just seen the Krakow return prices in December and I'm very tempted.

Flights and hotel for 3 nights in December is around £136! May book the hotel with free cancellation on booking.com.

I was due in Rome for Italy v Wales in the Euros. Italy has been on the list for years and years.

Ryanair are swines. Return to Berlin was £50 but add in paid for hand luggage plus getting to a shitty airport and the fare has almost trebled. I've paid a bit extra for BA from Heathrow and back in to London City but it's just a better experience. I think I got a free beer last time.

Great place to go at the moment (Rome), hotels are at reduced prices due to low demand and still pretty hot over there. Tourist hot spots are also quiet.

Iceland, Denmark, Slovakia and Curacao added to quarantine list. Should be ok for my Greece trip on wednesday.

Last edited:

Must have been a while since you last flew BA short haul, free beers are a thing of the past.

Great to see Greece survive the cull, but will be edge of seat stuff next week.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.