Holiday Destination...

anymore than 2sheiks said:
Gaudino said:
Laurent Charvet said:
Never been Turkey... good shout.

I found Icmeler to be just basically an overflow of Marmaris.....fine if you want that kinda thing. But if you want somewhere chilled, with great restaurants and bars, in an idyllic spot (on the river where The African Queen was filmed, and taking the water taxis down to the beach is a great trip in itself.) and none of the intense hassle in the big resorts, then I recommend Dalyan. (just half an hour from Dalaman airport too)
Is that the place with the rock tombs carved into the hillside?

Yes....those Lycian tombs are on the opposite side of the river from the town. Look stunning at night all lit up while you have a meal at one of the riverside restaurants....

Going to Alcudia in 5 weeks, never been before, so would appreciate any pointers if any of you have been in recent years. Hopefully booked a reasonable hotel, half board for 2 weeks was just under £500 apiece, vast majority of reveiws rated it worth the cost.

To the Op, Turkey is a good shout, been twice and enjoyed it, depending on what you are after there's a nice little harbour town called Yalikavak which is worth a look, we didn't stay there but visited it a couple of times and liked it, probably about 20miles from Bodrum, so close enough to the airport. Quite liked Turkey, not been for 4yrs though, so not experienced the Russian invasion.

Not wishing to hijack the thread but any advice on Alcudia appreciated.

cheers

Gaudino said:
Laurent Charvet said:
Trigger said:
Icmeler, Turkey - heaven !!

Never been Turkey... good shout.

I found Icmeler to be just basically an overflow of Marmaris.....fine if you want that kinda thing. But if you want somewhere chilled, with great restaurants and bars, in an idyllic spot (on the river where The African Queen was filmed, and taking the water taxis down to the beach is a great trip in itself.) and none of the intense hassle in the big resorts, then I recommend Dalyan. (just half an hour from Dalaman airport too)
Never heard of this place before, but just Googled it and it looks fantastic. That double-sided beach is brilliant. I'll definitely be checking this place out in the next couple of years. Cheers.

nw42 said:
Going to Alcudia in 5 weeks, never been before, so would appreciate any pointers if any of you have been in recent years. Hopefully booked a reasonable hotel, half board for 2 weeks was just under £500 apiece, vast majority of reveiws rated it worth the cost.

To the Op, Turkey is a good shout, been twice and enjoyed it, depending on what you are after there's a nice little harbour town called Yalikavak which is worth a look, we didn't stay there but visited it a couple of times and liked it, probably about 20miles from Bodrum, so close enough to the airport. Quite liked Turkey, not been for 4yrs though, so not experienced the Russian invasion.

Not wishing to hijack the thread but any advice on Alcudia appreciated.

cheers

andyhinch said:
Get a car and go into the hills you get some good food and the price can be ok you might just check your Spanish is ok'ish

hmmm, sounds great, arrive, hire a car and drive straight out of town, have I fucked up that much?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.