Holiday problem... Any advice?

How did the phoencall go ?

You can book an appointment online for an "emergency passport", you put in date/time for appointment & you will be offered various locations within the passport office. You will receive passport in 7 days from appointment date , the cost when my wife did this was £140 (plus travel to Glasgow!!! ), hope this helps !!

Phonecall was dreadfull...

On hold for an hour had to put down

Through to someone who said wait 10 weeks they hung up

Another lady who said i need to wait atleast 6 weeks (6th week day we fly) but a fast track is no option as its a 1st child passport

Think a trip to the office it seems but i have no appointment basically turning up. Is this ok?

You're not gonna wanna hear this, but, sounds like you'll have to drive to Liverpool
Won't help out on this occasion. We had a similar issue, booked to go Orlando in July only to find the 4yr olds was due to expire so we couldn't use it. True fast track doesn't exist for kids, it took us 3-4 weeks to get the passport after applying. My missus actually drove to Liverpool beforehand but they turned her away at the door as she didn't have an appointment. The only way you can get an appointment is online, and the online service only has a small amount of available appointments after which they switch off the service. It's a fucking nightmare, although maybe it's improved of late? If you can get an appointment then great, if not then you're fucked.

OP - as bad as it sounds i would look at the Coronavirus cancelling terms with whoever you booked with. I know TUI allow free changes to holidays if someone in the party gets CV, i would suggest calling up and saying someone has it and try and get the dates changed even though its obviously a lie.

Another lady who said i need to wait atleast 6 weeks (6th week day we fly) but a fast track is no option as its a 1st child passport

Think a trip to the office it seems but i have no appointment basically turning up. Is this ok?
Check my last reply mate, won't help.

Did you use the tracker online at all? Mine just says weve recieved your documents. Stressing
Yeah it was generally quite accurate but took a while between updates.

I did the application for my son and they needed extra docs to prove I had parental responsibility for him. Which slowed things down.

Did another application at exactly the same time (renewal in this instance) for my 5 year old and that was all done and dusted with the passport in my hands after 3 weeks.

Think the brand new passports for first time applicants just take a bit longer.

OP - as bad as it sounds i would look at the Coronavirus cancelling terms with whoever you booked with. I know TUI allow free changes to holidays if someone in the party gets CV, i would suggest calling up and saying someone has it and try and get the dates changed even though its obviously a lie.
Thats what i would be doing too, Tui policy is free move if you have covid within 5 days of the flight, i would be waiting until 3 days before the flight and if the tracker didnt show as passport printed i would be phoning tui and saying we had covid.

Thats what i would be doing too, Tui policy is free move if you have covid within 5 days of the flight, i would be waiting until 3 days before the flight and if the tracker didnt show as passport printed i would be phoning tui and saying we had covid.

Surely they would need proof of CV?

try this

Barnardos. Leave the kid on the doorstep on the way to the airport, collect on the way back.
Just remember to leave a note around the little tykes neck re date of collection, otherwise he might get adopted.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.