Covid and travel discussion

This was Fairhaven Lake beach today located two clicks south of Saint Anne's and designated our new Covidial bolt hole from the outrageous-nous of village living. It was a difficult decision and in the end was a tussle with Fleetwood or here as they both have Electricity bays to charge the car. I could have used petrol on the way home but we're aficionados of "pensioner mentality" so every penny counts. It's not a bad beach in fairness and if I scrunched up my eyes intermittently it kind of reminded me of the Greek Islands with those pretty rocks and sand.

Or maybe it was Just My Imagination .. Running Away With Me : /

Powdered white sand interwoven with lush Estuary grass

c7Yt1FP.jpg

Sea View

v48dXvV.jpg

Last edited:
Nothing wrong with this country. I go away at least one weekend a month to a new place and enjoy walks and pubs and new places. Going abroad again this summer feels like a hassle to me. Just going to do Dubai for 5 nights in October and then maybe an Xmas break.

Nothing wrong with this country. I go away at least one weekend a month to a new place and enjoy walks and pubs and new places. Going abroad again this summer feels like a hassle to me. Just going to do Dubai for 5 nights in October and then maybe an Xmas break.

It's one thing doing weekends away in the UK, it's another thing entirely to spend your possibly one and only major holiday a year in this country.

Even in the height of summer, you still can't really guarantee the weather anywhere on these shores.
You also pay an absurd premium if you can only travel in July or August (that premium also applies to abroad, but generally speaking your money goes a lot further on the continent)

But I'd never tell anyone to holiday abroad, just like 'staycationers' shouldn't instruct people to holiday domestically.

Good luck getting to Dubai in October (I have a middle east cruise in November booked but have already written it off mentally)

I hope things change at some point in the near future. It’s really depressing this holiday news. We booked in 2019 and won’t go now until 2022 at the earliest!

It's one thing doing weekends away in the UK, it's another thing entirely to spend your possibly one and only major holiday a year in this country.

Even in the height of summer, you still can't really guarantee the weather anywhere on these shores.
You also pay an absurd premium if you can only travel in July or August (that premium also applies to abroad, but generally speaking your money goes a lot further on the continent)

But I'd never tell anyone to holiday abroad, just like 'staycationers' shouldn't instruct people to holiday domestically.

Good luck getting to Dubai in October (I have a middle east cruise in November booked but have already written it off mentally)

I am not great being away from Manchester for more than a few days mate. Perfect to get in see a place for 2/3 nights and head home. Got all I need here and love it.

This was Fairhaven Lake beach today located two clicks south of Saint Anne's and designated our new Covidial bolt hole from the outrageous-nous of village living. It was a difficult decision and in the end was a tussle with Fleetwood or here as they both have Electricity bays to charge the car. I could have used petrol on the way home but we're aficionados of "pensioner mentality" so every penny counts. It's not a bad beach in fairness and if I scrunched up my eyes intermittently it kind of reminded me of the Greek Islands with those pretty rocks and sand.

Or maybe it was Just My Imagination .. Running Away With Me : /

Powdered white sand interwoven with lush Estuary grass

c7Yt1FP.jpg

Sea View

v48dXvV.jpg

I was down there only last Friday.

Decided to have a day out before all the kids rampage for school hols. Went into Blackpool first, sea wall sorted now but still mainly a dump. Little bar at the end of the north pier 'Bloom' was the highlight, the chippy we went into was the lowlight.

Traffic everywhere as roadworks all over the place so escaped to where we should have gone originally lovely pm in St.Annes , smiled at the little beach huts having hen parties at them and wondered about toilet issues later, although all seemed reasonably sensible.

Then onto Fairhaven for a couple of hours, wandered around the lake, looked at the aircraft, had a coffee. Only downside was 2 older ladies playing bowls, miserable buggers.

But yes Fairhaven is a lovely area considering it's close to Blackpool.

Always preferred to vacation in the UK anyway.
So many nice, green and picturesque locations (New Forest, Lake district, to name a couple)...pretty good food, friendly people, and no waiting at an airport for several hours

What's not to like?
Must be on the wind up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.