Holidays

Anyone here been to Iceland? How did you experience it? I've always wanted to drive round the whole circular route and stop off at various places. Anyone done that sort of thing? Or even just holidayed in Iceland?
Did it last April, lovley country, very expensive and weather extreme

Those who have been to Dubai, is it possible on a budget?

I heard it's full of the TOWIE lot and other z list influencers, so ideally want to avoid that kind of crowd, without paying through the nose for digs or meals.

Hoping to get out there next year with a mate. Any recommendations welcome, I'm totally ignorant regarding travel to the middle east. Thanks.
I've been to dubai loads of times either transiting for a night or a three day break as I was working over that way for years. I honestly wouldn't go if someone paid me . To do it on a budget is not easy as it's generally a tenner a pint . It's all about shopping and hanging round whichever hotel has the bottomless brunch to tell mates on Facebook. It's the sort of place where three people can easily spend a grand in a restaurant at lunchtime if you like seafood and cocktails.

I've been to dubai loads of times either transiting for a night or a three day break as I was working over that way for years. I honestly wouldn't go if someone paid me . To do it on a budget is not easy as it's generally a tenner a pint . It's all about shopping and hanging round whichever hotel has the bottomless brunch to tell mates on Facebook. It's the sort of place where three people can easily spend a grand in a restaurant at lunchtime if you like seafood and cocktails.

Thank you, I don't drink mate. Fun for me abroad is sat about drinking coffee and days out in the sea and a pool. Is the shopping in the malls more expensive than UK?

Thank you, I don't drink mate. Fun for me abroad is sat about drinking coffee and days out in the sea and a pool. Is the shopping in the malls more expensive than UK?
It could well be the place for you as the hotels are very good and drinking is not part of their culture. I wouldn't say shopping over there in the mall's is any cheaper than the UK. Also if you can get a flight/hotel package it might bring the price down . Direct flights especially with Emirates are usually expensive. A good option is having a stop off in dubai on route to another Asian country. I've been to Sri Lanka/Hong-Kong/Bangkok to name a few . And they were cheaper than the direct flight even though you take a second flight from Dubai.

It could well be the place for you as the hotels are very good and drinking is not part of their culture. I wouldn't say shopping over there in the mall's is any cheaper than the UK. Also if you can get a flight/hotel package it might bring the price down . Direct flights especially with Emirates are usually expensive. A good option is having a stop off in dubai on route to another Asian country. I've been to Sri Lanka/Hong-Kong/Bangkok to name a few . And they were cheaper than the direct flight even though you take a second flight from Dubai.

Thanks for that. Is it TUI who do package deals out there, rather than Etihad or Emirates?

Thanks for that. Is it TUI who do package deals out there, rather than Etihad or Emirates?
I wouldn't know who does the best packages but I would have a look at STA or Travel Bag to get a idea. Also Emirates website and try the usual combo on Expedia and Tui. All the big names have hotels down the beach area over there if you manage to get a cheap flight you can book directly with the hotel. Around the airport is expensive which sounds strange but most of us used to stay in that area when transiting as it was convenient. I've stayed in various Le Meridien hotels and they are good standard. Happy hunting blue . I love finding a bargain break but you will have to put a bit of work in I imagine.

We usually go to Cornwall or Devon for a week with our dogs. Having a change this year, and going to Dorset. Staying in a small village, Thornford about 20 miles north of Weymouth.
Any tips for must see places etc appreciated. Is the New Forest still worth a look?

We usually go to Cornwall or Devon for a week with our dogs. Having a change this year, and going to Dorset. Staying in a small village, Thornford about 20 miles north of Weymouth.
Any tips for must see places etc appreciated. Is the New Forest still worth a look?
Corfe castle is nice. Also some great fossils to be found on several of the beaches down there. A trip to Sandbanks is interesting . Durdle door, lovely bit of coastline. Enjoy

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.