Holidays

I did too mate, still do, and will always have a soft spot for Greece , especially Stoupa, things just changed when they went through their financial crisis (which one lol) and seemed to up the prices for everything tourism-wise to bail them out (understandable from their pov).

I hope it’s not changed much for you and is still the cool, laidback and chill out place I remember.
Crete wasnt cheap at all. A pint maybe £4 and meals same as here.

With 2 younger children im not sure wheres suitable to go these days for them thats still cheap.
I know far east etc is mega cheap as my son was there earlier this year but im not dragging the little uns that far just yet.

I fancy albania but again, not sure th the kids.

I guess the likes of benidorm is still good value but thats somewhere i go with pals

So greece it is again!!

Just got back from short break in Dorset. Stayed in Dorchester and went to Lulworth Cove, Durdle Door, Poole and got ferry to Brownsea Island. Going to Nice for a week on 4th September

Crete wasnt cheap at all. A pint maybe £4 and meals same as here.

With 2 younger children im not sure wheres suitable to go these days for them thats still cheap.
I know far east etc is mega cheap as my son was there earlier this year but im not dragging the little uns that far just yet.

I fancy albania but again, not sure th the kids.

I guess the likes of benidorm is still good value but thats somewhere i go with pals

So greece it is again!!
We go to Turkey now mate, all inclusive although we could go for very little as my other half’s Dad lives over there , that’s crept up a bit over the last few years but they seem to be keeping things competitive realising if it goes too expensive, people will just stop going, it’s what I like to think anyway.

We go to Turkey now mate, all inclusive although we could go for very little as my other half’s Dad lives over there , that’s crept up a bit over the last few years but they seem to be keeping things competitive realising if it goes too expensive, people will just stop going, it’s what I like to think anyway.
All inclusives arent for us. We like the variety of finding different places to eat.

We go cheap on the actual hol and spend when there and ive worked it out and compared it to all incs and theres not much in it

All inclusives arent for us. We like the variety of finding different places to eat.

We go cheap on the actual hol and spend when there and ive worked it out and compared it to all incs and theres not much in it
No that’s fair enough mate and totally understandable, I eat a lot though, even these days, so makes far more sense for us (me haha).

We totally love greece and search a different island /place each summer.
Went to gouves in crete this summer and although it was a lovely place and a great hol, it was pretty ‘modern’.

Stoupa looks just right. Cant wait. Only a year to go :)
We were in Stoupa a couple of years ago. We really enjoyed it. It was like Greece was 30 years ago.

We were in Stoupa a couple of years ago. We really enjoyed it. It was like Greece was 30 years ago.
wouldn’t know couldn’t afford to go Greece 30 years ago but like going to places untouched not a lot left in the world like that now with buildings going up everywhere

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.