Holidays

It's RobOnHoliday.

We are currently finishing a series on the history of Disneyland Paris attractions but then we are onto the Lisbon videos - Lisbon Top 10 attractions will be posted on Saturday 9th March, followed by some more detailed videos on transport and some of the sites in subsequent weeks.

Hope you have a great time in Lisbon.

Just watched it before our trip to Lisbon. Very informative, thanks for doing it.

Just watched it before our trip to Lisbon. Very informative, thanks for doing it.
No problem, glad you enjoyed it.

I don't know when you are going, but we have a whole stack of Lisbon videos this month. The guide to the Belem area of the city is already up and there will be one specifically dedicated to visiting the Cristo Rei this Saturday.

My mate paid someone to take him out into the middle of nowhere and fire off a bazooka and an A.K 47.
I don't see the point personally but.....
Did that in vegas. Well, they didn’t trust me with a bazooka but the AK47 was fun. :-)

I don't know when you are going, but we have a whole stack of Lisbon videos this month. The guide to the Belem area of the city is already up and there will be one specifically dedicated to visiting the Cristo Rei this Saturday.
Is the Torre Vedras battlefields included?
I would suggest very strongly for anyone visiting Lisbon to take a day there
Did that in vegas. Well, they didn’t trust me with a bazooka but the AK47 was fun. :-)
Pah, growing up in North Armagh that was a right of passage lol

Going for 5 nights from the 24th. Just watched the Belem guide which was great especially the transport info.
We'll look out for the Cristo Rei video this weekend. Thanks again.

Is the Torre Vedras battlefields included?
I would suggest very strongly for anyone visiting Lisbon to take a day there
Not heard of that. I’m assuming it’s a bit out of the centre?

Going for 5 nights from the 24th. Just watched the Belem guide which was great especially the transport info.
We'll look out for the Cristo Rei video this weekend. Thanks again.
No worries.

One piece of advice I would give is make sure you check where everything is. More than any other city, Lisbon is spread out with some of the major sites miles apart.

We found the trams a bit iffy and just bloody slow. Some of the buses were useful and the metro was great for getting up to the Expo 98/Oceanarium zone but it doesn’t cover the Belem area.

Uber is your friend - really cheap and very quick. As you’ll see on the Cristo Rei video, 12 euros from the city centre to the Cristo Rei with the fantastic bonus of going over the magnificent suspension bridge.

Anyway, hope you have a great time.

Not heard of that. I’m assuming it’s a bit out of the centre?

No worries.

One piece of advice I would give is make sure you check where everything is. More than any other city, Lisbon is spread out with some of the major sites miles apart.

We found the trams a bit iffy and just bloody slow. Some of the buses were useful and the metro was great for getting up to the Expo 98/Oceanarium zone but it doesn’t cover the Belem area.

Uber is your friend - really cheap and very quick. As you’ll see on the Cristo Rei video, 12 euros from the city centre to the Cristo Rei with the fantastic bonus of going over the magnificent suspension bridge.

Anyway, hope you have a great time.

Probably about 40 miles outside the city so not easily accessible by public transport, but a magnificent piece of military engineering, and key to the defeat of Napoleon in the Peninsula Campaign.
The landing beach has a few of tiled mosaic pictures that are a feature of Lisbon and the surrounding area depicting the stores of rations and ammunition being brought ashore.
We had went to the military museum the day before and the size of the uniforms and kit, it would have been hard enough to climb the hills in the heat without having to fight your way up

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.