Holidays

Lake District booked for May and looking at Boston for July with maybe Nice in September
Assuming you mean Boston US and not Boston Lincs, I went last May for 5 nights and it was brilliant, loads of history and things to do and very walkable all over and it was scorching hot.

Assuming you mean Boston US and not Boston Lincs, I went last May for 5 nights and it was brilliant, loads of history and things to do and very walkable all over and it was scorching hot.
Yea, my brother in law lives just outside it with his family so I've been a few times. 2 years ago we'd week in New York then got train to Boston for a week. Last year had 4 days in Cape Cod then week in Boston

Yea, my brother in law lives just outside it with his family so I've been a few times. 2 years ago we'd week in New York then got train to Boston for a week. Last year had 4 days in Cape Cod then week in Boston
That's cool. I didn't know what to expect as it was the Mrs who wanted to go, I've been to New York a few times and for me Boston is better. Think I'll try Cape Cod the next time I go.

Reactions: ob
Think yourself lucky you're not here now, it's pissed it down at least once/twice a day since we arrived on Wednesday and has just had another go today.View attachment 111532
My mate is at his holiday home in Villamartin Spain and it’s the same there, seems all parts of Spain have not had particularly good weather. You’ll just have to book another trip when you get home.

It’s forecast rain for virtually the next two weeks here. Since towards the end of June last year we seem to have had rain every week and there’s no signs it’s getting any better.

If you’d been playing golf at Ashton as you normally did come this time of year you’d be shocked at the course, it’s been closed more than it’s been open and it’s boggy virtually everywhere, have had to use mats all over the course and it will be the same for the Captain’s Drive In on Sunday, hardly ever happened before, I’ll be at the match though.

My mate is at his holiday home in Villamartin Spain and it’s the same there, seems all parts of Spain have not had particularly good weather. You’ll just have to book another trip when you get home.

It’s forecast rain for virtually the next two weeks here. Since towards the end of June last year we seem to have had rain every week and there’s no signs it’s getting any better.

If you’d been playing golf at Ashton as you normally did come this time of year you’d be shocked at the course, it’s been closed more than it’s been open and it’s boggy virtually everywhere, have had to use mats all over the course and it will be the same for the Captain’s Drive In on Sunday, hardly ever happened before, I’ll be at the match though.
Yeah my mates who still play there have moaned about the weather/playing conditions on course when it's been open.

Back to the UK tomorrow, best I can say over here is so far we've managed to dodge the rain and stayed dry more by luck at times however, had a good week even when we lost power for 6 hours.

I'd have been less chilled if we'd paid £700pp to be here though TUI or someone but using a family members appt and fights/transfers/accom costs have come in around £500 between us....and it's not cold.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.