Holidays

Enjoying Malaysia and about to enter our second week in Penang, great place, the food is dirt cheap, 2 meals and drinks for about a tenner. It is very hot but everywhere has air con thankfully.
We stayed there for a few days some time ago, and afterwards, we visited Pangkor. It felt like a little paradise—so quiet and peaceful, with some of the best beaches we've ever seen. On that trip we also visited Singapore (online arrival card https://singaporearrivalcard.sg/ is necessary for the tourists) and must admit it is one of the most impressive countries i ever seen

Last edited:
going to agadir for 2 weeks on wednesday, never been to morocco before, anyone on here been, what can i expect

Just booked 5 nights in Lagos, Portugal for July. A beachfront Iberostar about a mile and a half out of town. Hopefully can get away without hiring a car. Looking forward to it - not been to the Algarve since 1992 - I’m guessing it’ll have changed a bit :)
Last time in Portugal was Lisbon and Cascais about 15 years ago.

Not long back from Samui and Koh Phangan ...Great trip.
Chaweng is really ready inexpensive.
Small beers from £1.50 and curry about 2 quid in lots of places
Just booked istanbul as I loved it last year. Pegasus started flying from Edinburgh so cost about 150 return.
Then phuket in November

going to agadir for 2 weeks on wednesday, never been to morocco before, anyone on here been, what can i expect
Went there for a week about 10 years ago which to be honest was enough , hotel was basic but was clean . Went all inclusive , as at most places it was much ok nothing to write home about .
Had a few meals outside of the restaurant and found them of decent quality and very reasonable
Felt quite safe outside the complex and although the people are friendly enough you do get mithered quite a bit.
The local markets are quite an eye opener if I recollect there’s a local and a tourist market , went to the local market turned the corner to see a guy chopping live chickens heads off , wife made a quick exit . You can tell that it was once quite a thriving cosmopolitan resort in the 60’s where the French / Spanish holidayed .
Overall found it ok but not a place I’d rush back to , holidays are what you make them . One thing is your guaranteed the weather .
Hope you enjoy your break .

Just booked 5 nights in Lagos, Portugal for July. A beachfront Iberostar about a mile and a half out of town. Hopefully can get away without hiring a car. Looking forward to it - not been to the Algarve since 1992 - I’m guessing it’ll have changed a bit :)
Last time in Portugal was Lisbon and Cascais about 15 years ago.
I have been going to Lagos for years and will be there in September and Christmas for the first time this year and yes it has changed, there are lots of American/Canadian expats and expensive apartments. You will be quite a way from the centre of town, give me a shout re transport or anything else

Just got back from Crete after 11 nights of sunshine every day 30degrees , Heraklion airport is a complete mess, worst part of the holiday.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.