Holidays

I'm driving down from Manchester staying at various places on route, Stratford Upon Avon, Bath, then onto Devon/Cornwall...rather have a nice village/harbour than a beach so open to suggestions :)
Any chance of a lift ? I love it down there but I personally find the village /harbour places far too busy in the summer. Especially places like Brixham and Padstow. Croyde is a cracking place but it doesn't fit your requirements. Perranporth has a cracking beach and a small town with a few pubs . It has a great chippy/ butcher and wetherspoons

Reactions: ob
Any chance of a lift ? I love it down there but I personally find the village /harbour places far too busy in the summer. Especially places like Brixham and Padstow. Croyde is a cracking place but it doesn't fit your requirements. Perranporth has a cracking beach and a small town with a few pubs . It has a great chippy/ butcher and wetherspoons
Sorry...hate Wetherspoons

So I should be looking at Cornwall rather than Devon ? Also Clovelly...anyone been ?.
depends if you’re camping / have own van or having to get digs . Cornwall is nicer to stay but really expensive . As per other poster perranporth is a nice part of Cornwall near to Newquay . Nice walks from Holywell bay going either way along the coast . Polzeath walk to rock then going on the little ferry to Padstow for a few beers is ideal ( pooch can go on ferry no probs ) . St ives is stunning on a hot day but gets crowded and has dive bombing seagulls

Bump.

Off to Amroth near Tenby. Can anyone that knows the area recommend things to do/eats/pubs?

Thanks
Pendine is nice Sadders -there’s a new motor museum there where they used to attempt the land speed records.
Nice beach if the weather holds and places to eat.
Carew and Pembroke castles are worth visiting too.

depends if you’re camping / have own van or having to get digs . Cornwall is nicer to stay but really expensive . As per other poster perranporth is a nice part of Cornwall near to Newquay . Nice walks from Holywell bay going either way along the coast . Polzeath walk to rock then going on the little ferry to Padstow for a few beers is ideal ( pooch can go on ferry no probs ) . St ives is stunning on a hot day but gets crowded and has dive bombing seagulls
I'm doing a bit of air bnb and camping, head first to Stratford Upon Avon, then onto Bath then onto Devon or Cornwall, ideally Devon as its not as far (with our dog) then on the return leg, Salisbury and Oxford

It's not your normal wetherspoons I promise. Seeing is believing with this one . I love real ale and wetherspoons are big carriers of this stuff. It definitely ain't your usual shit .
I concur, lovely pub full of atmospherics with a beautiful beer garden.

j3dzTFs.jpg

zNaLEym.jpg

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.