Holidays

Thinking of going away over the international break and was thinking of either Prague or Budapest anyone been to both could give me an idea which is best.

Both fabulous cities worth a visit.

Budapest is a much bigger city split by a river which separates Buda and Pest.

Lots of architecture, good beer, and the saunas/spas are incredible. You can do one on the bank of the river.

Prague is a more intimate jewel of architecture. Famous for its pork knuckle and also has great beer. Be careful of the taxes they try to apply on food if you go there. It’s also one hour away from Vienna via bus.

Very difficult choice to be honest, I’d try to do both lol

Just booked 10 nights at Costa Calma AI for us both at a reasonable price, never been 'down south' before on the Island so looking forward to it.

Will need to be quick to find a bar for the game on the 9th as we fly the day before.

Croatia and Italy left this year. Already planning next year's trips. Some bargain flights out there at the minute.

Just booked 10 nights at Costa Calma AI for us both at a reasonable price, never been 'down south' before on the Island so looking forward to it.

Will need to be quick to find a bar for the game on the 9th as we fly the day before.
Had a week there about 6 years ago, stayed at Drago Park Resort, was ok although it's a fairly quiet area. I'm sure I will have found somewhere to watch football but can't remember where.
Safari Parks aren't my scene but we did visit the one that's quite near to Costa Calma, the giraffes were nice.

Had a week there about 6 years ago, stayed at Drago Park Resort, was ok although it's a fairly quiet area. I'm sure I will have found somewhere to watch football but can't remember where.
Safari Parks aren't my scene but we did visit the one that's quite near to Costa Calma, the giraffes were nice.
Yeah noticed the wildlife park is close by.

Worst case it'll be the hotel WiFi and a bit of IPTV, might do that anyway as AI is after all free booze, well prepaid booze.

Both fabulous cities worth a visit.

Budapest is a much bigger city split by a river which separates Buda and Pest.

Lots of architecture, good beer, and the saunas/spas are incredible. You can do one on the bank of the river.

Prague is a more intimate jewel of architecture. Famous for its pork knuckle and also has great beer. Be careful of the taxes they try to apply on food if you go there. It’s also one hour away from Vienna via bus.

Very difficult choice to be honest, I’d try to do both lol

Yep, Prague is far easier to get about and metro system is superb. Definitely more to do in Budapest though, and Andrassi Avenue has museums, Ice Rink and the most famous Spa all within a short space.

I did both in Christmas 2018 (but had been to Prague before that).

October I’ve got 7 new countries and 6 capital Cities lined up, Bratislava, Vienna, Hungary (friends house), Riga, Villinius, Tallinn and Helsinki

I'm going Tallinn on Friday for the weekend
First time to Estonia and the last of the 'Baltic Trilogy'; did Vilnius/Kaunas at Easter 2024 and Riga at Easter 2023.

By all accounts it's a beautiful and well preserved city, should be good, and scoped out some decent bars for the game on Saturday.

Croatia and Italy left this year. Already planning next year's trips. Some bargain flights out there at the minute.
Who's your go to airline? Reliably good value? Or whoever is offering best at the time?

I've struggled with well priced trips the last 12 months but then I haven't been monitoring it so well. Tried a last minute the other week but completely failed to get anything.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.