Home end for Stoke

My lad and one of our company managers had to sit on the Stoke side at Wembley. It all kicked off with two other City fans when we scored but apparentlly they were over celebrating for their location.

I remember 97/98 after we won 5-2, some kn**head tossed a brick over a gate at me and a mate on the way into the ground. On the way out, it was a bit more subdued. Welcome to The Britannia.

sirgreenhoff said:
If you go then the John Smiths Upper will be OK.
Do not go into the Boothen End.
We were fighting amonst ourselves the other week !
If (when) you score you will either have to sit still & be quiet or it will kick off.

Lets just hope it's a proper FA Cup tie & the best team wins on the day.

Cheers

What about John Smiths Lower, just right of centre as you look at the stand from the pitch?

Blue Streak said:
I think those who were at the Brit in 1998 for the relegation clash (myself included) will remember the scenes inside and outside forever. But that was a tense and emotional afternoon. For those who have never been to Stoke away just keep your heads down and you'll be fine. The circumstances all those years ago were a lot different to playing them in the FA Cup.

However City will have to be at their best because Stoke will be thinking about the Cup Final and look upon this as revenge.

Been to Syoke loads recently, never any bother......

Abbeygoo said:
Two games out of all the grounds I have been to over the years stand out as when I was scared for my life ....... Stoke when we got relegated and Cardiff at Ninian Park in the FA Cup.
yep Cardiff was uncomfortable but nothing compared to the milwall away game the year away fans were banned...

Was in their end the year we both got relegated , not recommended.
They were well up for it and still are , if you get found out you will definitely take a few slaps.
My advice is to watch it at home on tv and keep your teeth intact.

Zabbasbeard said:
Pezzer2 said:
Been in a few home ends and the most i've had grief with was from the lower league clubs. Grimsby away was hairy, Got a smack from behind in the Cheadle end at County after Jamie Pollock scored for us. Bristol Rovers was full of nutters. Leicester at Filbert Street i was behind the goal at the back of the stand with City fans to my right. Wanchope scored and it was kicking off below me with other blues in there end. Luckily because I was at the back I got away with it. Sheff United in there main stand was dodgy, tried getting a pint at half time and got sussed out with my accent but said I was from Glossop and always been a blades fan.

Blades in Glossop? I''m from there and only klnown one (he was from Sheffield orignally).

Glossop is a CITY town...and proud of it.

I used that as an excuse once to get in a pub in when playing Sheff Wed the Doorman said home fans only mate i said i am Wednesday fan he said oh yeah where do live then i said Glossop and he said close enough and let me in lol.Have sat in loads of Home end Scum Liverpool Coventry Derby Luton all when i was in my early twenties I would not do it now i am in my late Thirties and got kids good luck.

Just about to set off now. The misses and her mum and dad have tickets in the boothen end. Block 24. Got me away shirt city jumper and city coat ready to go! Will be fine.....

Old trafford used to be fun in their, the old Stratford end I was in the old wooden seats at the back, was singing city songs. Got spat at but no digs. Guess they think you must be a loon for doing it. Old trafford paddock, Stratford end paddock and main stand and never any trouble and sang city songs. I think old trafford paddock we had the coppers surrounding us, we were letting off blue balloons. Might be the game pointon got sent off or was it curle ?

Sheffield united was a bit tasty in their main stand.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.