Home form....

Rammy Blue

A vital two games in 5 days starts tomorrow, 6 points are a must if we really fancy our chances of competing right at the top of the table.

Ordinarily, and with the talent we have at our disposal, you would expect nothing less than two comprehensive victories against Villa and Blackpool; recently though it appears that we perform much better away from home.

I know there is the "teams parking the bus" theory however that doesn't come in the slightest of surprises, and nor should it to Bob, so it is down to us to counteract this and come up with different ideas.

Our home games this season:

Liverpool 3-0 Good dominant display.
Blackburn 1-1 Should have had sackful, mistake gifts them a point.
Chelsea 1-0 Good solid display although didn't create much.
Newcastle 2-1 Pretty lucky to come away with 3 points, average.
Arsenal 0-3 No chance after sending off, battled well.
Scum 0-0 Played for point, got point, solid display.
Birmingham 0-0 Loads of chances, should have won.
Bolton 1-0 Loads of chances, should have had sackful.
Everton 1-2 Poor start costs us, loads of chances, shit result.

Not the best set of results/performances when you consider where we are at in our development.

Personally, if Bob is to stick with his 4-2-3-1 formation, then I can only perceive that the main option open to us at home is to play Silva in the hole behind Carlos so that we can accomodate AJ.

Of course it would mean that one of the midfield trio of NDJ, Barry or Yaya has to sit out but surely 2 of these 3 (or Milner plus one of them) is all we require at home?

I have aired my views on us playing 4-4-2 at home previously but wondered what everyone else out there thinks we could do in order to step up the home form?

Like I said on the Silva thread, I think one option might be this, in our midfield and attack:

---------De Jong---------

----Yaya Toure-----Silva------

Johnson-------Tevez-------Balotelli

Playing Silva instead of Barry in the middle three: we'd lose a bit of bite and cover in the fullback areas, but with teams parking the bus, we might not need it. Plus, we've seen now that Silva isn't afraid to stick the boot in. We've seen players similar to Silva in Iniesta and Modric excelling in central midfield this season.

It also means we'd be able to accommodate another attacking player in Milner or Johnson. Johnson seemed to get his head up a little more when he came on against Newcastle (nice through ball for Tevez in particular), hopefully we'll begin to see more of this.

Might be worth a shot, even if it doesn't work out.

I don't think Villa and Blackpool will park the bus so it'll hopefully be more entertaining than most of the home games we've had even if we don't win.

the biggest problem with our home form is the fans - not enough support and atmosphere, so much negativity about the place, it must be a very easy place for away teams to come to

the most logical thing to do would be to leave NDJ out and play barry in his place who offers abit more going forward and bring in AJ or balo, but it seems whenever NDJ dont play we get turner over so is just to valuable to leave out. wouldn't mind seeing another central midfielder come in to the club in the mould of cesc fabregas who could take barrys place.

BringBackSwales said:
the biggest problem with our home form is the fans - not enough support and atmosphere, so much negativity about the place, it must be a very easy place for away teams to come to
This is what I think the problem is .

Lord Justice Taylor is the fuckin problem .

bammy blue said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
we only have Spurs at home who are at our level-ish at home in the 2nd half of the season...

but on the reverse of that we've got a fair few "big" away games then aint we.

yeah, but we're really good away and teams will come at us, which suits us down to a tee, and we'll also have a couple more games under our belts together as a unit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.