Home form....

BringBackSwales said:
the biggest problem with our home form is the fans - not enough support and atmosphere, so much negativity about the place, it must be a very easy place for away teams to come to

This is a problem, certainly. Compare City v Everton, and Newcastle v City. Two very similar situations, away team score two early goals then sit back. But two completely different reactions - Newcastle fans made the atmosphere extremely hostile, every decision was suddenly contentious, really roared on the team (from what I could tell!)....unfortunately wasn't the same at COMS.

Rammy Blue said:
A vital two games in 5 days starts tomorrow, 6 points are a must if we really fancy our chances of competing right at the top of the table.

Ordinarily, and with the talent we have at our disposal, you would expect nothing less than two comprehensive victories against Villa and Blackpool; recently though it appears that we perform much better away from home.

I know there is the "teams parking the bus" theory however that doesn't come in the slightest of surprises, and nor should it to Bob, so it is down to us to counteract this and come up with different ideas.

Our home games this season:

Liverpool 3-0 Good dominant display.
Blackburn 1-1 Should have had sackful, mistake gifts them a point.
Chelsea 1-0 Good solid display although didn't create much.
Newcastle 2-1 Pretty lucky to come away with 3 points, average.
Arsenal 0-3 No chance after sending off, battled well.
Scum 0-0 Played for point, got point, solid display.
Birmingham 0-0 Loads of chances, should have won.
Bolton 1-0 Loads of chances, should have had sackful.
Everton 1-2 Poor start costs us, loads of chances, shit result.

Not the best set of results/performances when you consider where we are at in our development.

Personally, if Bob is to stick with his 4-2-3-1 formation, then I can only perceive that the main option open to us at home is to play Silva in the hole behind Carlos so that we can accomodate AJ.

Of course it would mean that one of the midfield trio of NDJ, Barry or Yaya has to sit out but surely 2 of these 3 (or Milner plus one of them) is all we require at home?

I have aired my views on us playing 4-4-2 at home previously but wondered what everyone else out there thinks we could do in order to step up the home form?

We need to play at a higher tempo whan playing at home from the off - its that simple - we play too slow which allows the opposition to set up a defensive line - in truth we are a very good counter attacking team which is why we do so well away where the onus is on the home team to attack and have a go.

Players like AJ - Silva are key as AJ will commit and beat players and SIlva is creative.

BringBackSwales said:
the biggest problem with our home form is the fans - not enough support and atmosphere, so much negativity about the place, it must be a very easy place for away teams to come to

i dont know why it is but at home i feel out of place if a get up and sing (my seat is in 107 row k) but when its an away game like yesterday, then its up all the time singing me lungs out! i was only young when the kippax was all standing so cant really remember what it was like back then.

You'd say that 2 of the best teams to be playing right now would be Villa and Blackpool as neither can or will park the bus... It should be 2 fairly comfortable wins. If it works we might see it more often too.

But we'll see eh?

I would actually like to and half expect us to go with a more attacking line up with Johnson and Silva along with Tevez and Balo at the expense of Barry/NDJ or Yaya. There'll certainly be some rotation going on, esp tomorrow.

I know AJ has not impressed often when starting games however I feel we must accomodate him at home, we need a wide man who can commit and go past the full back so that the centre halves have to turn and face their own goal.

I would like the offensive four to line up like this tomorrow.....

..........AJ............Silva.............Balo.........
.........................Carlos..........................

It's a little bit of a worry, alright. The obvious contrast with our away form (we've scored more on the road than anybody else in the top flight) is of course showing it up in even greater relief.
Now, we play Villa (who we seem to have a bit of a hex on) and Blackpool (whose attacking style will suit us - apparently) and with two good results there, our home form won't be a talking point, at all.
Like most fans, I'm sometimes inclined to believe that we show some visitors too much respect and would love to see us go for it and give some crowd a good hiding with bucket loads of flamboyant football.
Failing that, I wouldn't mind getting a fair shake off a referee for a change. Some of the decisions that went against us - particularly v Blackburn, the rags and Birmingham were breathtaking in their audacity/ incompetence/ sheer bias.

Its unfortunate because he's not done alot wrong in his year at City, but I do think AJ currently is best suited as an impact player. He will learn from the manager that sometimes the best option is the easy one, and that can only add to his game.

I have to say that Gareth Barry seems to be coming into some form, and that the three of Ndj, Yaya, and Barry seem to have developed into a cohesive midfield three.

I'd stop picking Yaya at home. His best performances have been in away games.

-----------------Hart----------------
Zabaleta----Kompany--Kolo----Kolarov
------------De Jong-----Barry-------------
Johnson---------Silva----------------
---------------Tevez-----Balotelli.....

Kolarov gets forward a lot with Barry offering cover at left back when needed. Balotelli plays towards the left to ensure we aren't too unbalanced in favour of the right.

masterwig said:

Kolarov gets forward a lot with Barry offering cover at left back when needed. Balotelli plays towards the left to ensure we aren't too unbalanced in favour of the right.

That gets my vote too.

We'd ideally want to rest Tevez in this one and if Adebayor was willing or able he'd be in for games like this... The sooner we get Dzeko (or Torres) the better!

1.618034 said:
masterwig said:

That gets my vote too.

We'd ideally want to rest Tevez in this one and if Adebayor was willing or able he'd be in for games like this... The sooner we get Dzeko (or Torres) the better!

But is Ade willing and/or able?

He's like the bloody invisible man now... :-(

Dzeko & Torres & Carroll for Jo/ RSC/ Ade would sort it or perm any 2 from 3 that includes RSC and Jo obviously!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.