Hooliganism and Violence Maine Road 80's/early 90's

I am on that vid, right behind the city dug out with a light tan coat arms in the air. When bob scores it pans to the city dug and there i am

Loads of blues in the paddock that day. I was only 16 and was a bit twitchy, neednt have been
I was in the paddock that day in the section to the right of the then dugouts and the following year and in virtually the same position the following year when they won 1-0 the following year and the next year(1-1) in the Stretford End groundside with loads of blues with the police seperating us from then, slighty edgy that time but fairly relaxed the previous two years.

I was in the paddock that day in the section to the right of the then dugouts and the following year and in virtually the same position the following year when they won 1-0 the following year and the next year(1-1) in the Stretford End groundside with loads of blues with the police seperating us from then, slighty edgy that time but fairly relaxed the previous two years.
It was also the season when the attendance for the Maine Road Derby was higher than the one at Old Trafford.

So much for 55,000 week-in week-out or whatever Bobby Charlton used to claim.

It was also the season when the attendance for the Maine Road Derby was higher than the one at Old Trafford.

So much for 55,000 week-in week-out or whatever Bobby Charlton used to claim.
Might be wrong here but bare with me. Didn’t the derby at maine rd have crowds of 65,000 and the swamp 63,000?

The paddock was more like the kippax that day

It wasn't it was due to City taking the piss years before on London Bridge, hence why Millwall and their pals turning out as they did.

This was late 80s, and mentioned in a number of books to.
12 December 1987 -my Birthday -spent at the Den & London Bridge Station -never to be forgotten!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.