Hooliganism and Violence Maine Road 80's/early 90's

I have no idea who this is but is could have been Chemical Ali with the bullshit he came out with. Utter rewriting of history at it's finest for the most part.
If I remeber correctly Birmingham ran out of the Kippax at half time via the exit next to Platt Lane and in to the passages.

It was all Millwall kicking off the previous match as Bradbury scored in the final minute and they couldn't take it. There has also been a scuffle on the pitch and a double sending off. The Millwall fans had several pitch invasions and the city players were attacked at the end.

It was a Tuesday night midweek and mainly diehard city fans, not the slap and run types. Maybe it was Guy Richie you met, as no City fans were looking for trouble or "taking liberties", or the fan never went but wanted to pretend he did and also live up to a mockney stereotype.

The fact is we were the biggest target and they got excited.
Kept in for an hour after the game and Dennis Tuart appeared to try an calm the City fans down.

Kept in for an hour after the game and Dennis Tuart appeared to try an calm the City fans down.
It was a horrible place to get away from. There were alleyways everywhere. I was so happy to get out of there and I think it helped that I was on my own. Its a place I would never want to go back too.

It was all Millwall kicking off the previous match as Bradbury scored in the final minute and they couldn't take it. There has also been a scuffle on the pitch and a double sending off. The Millwall fans had several pitch invasions and the city players were attacked at the end.

It was a Tuesday night midweek and mainly diehard city fans, not the slap and run types. Maybe it was Guy Richie you met, as no City fans were looking for trouble or "taking liberties", or the fan never went but wanted to pretend he did and also live up to a mockney stereotype.

They smashed up cars and house windows around the stadium that night while we were locked in the ground.
Saw the mess when we came out.
Badbuy's equaliser really did piss them off as we celebrated like fook

They smashed up cars and house windows around the stadium that night while we were locked in the ground.
Saw the mess when we came out.
Badbuy's equaliser really did piss them off as we celebrated like fook
If I recall correctly, Bradbury should have scored again virtually straight from the restart, after being put through on goal with only the keeper to beat.

If I recall correctly, Bradbury should have scored again virtually straight from the restart, after being put through on goal with only the keeper to beat.
Was probably still winding up their idiots in the seats to our left to remember mate (that and being full of ale).
Do remember the pitch invasions being mainly feral kids though.
About 14 of us from Heywood had to break off from the city fans after the game to find our minibus parked in the opposite direction from the convoy

Was probably still winding up their idiots in the seats to our left to remember mate (that and being full of ale).
Do remember the pitch invasions being mainly feral kids though.
About 14 of us from Heywood had to break off from the city fans after the game to find our minibus parked in the opposite direction from the convoy
There were 2-3 pitch invasions following blatantly offside goals where the lineman had flagged earlier in the move and everyone had stopped.
On each occasion somebody would just stroll all the way to the City end and not even get ejected.

Then City equalized from a corner and all hell broke loose.

The most vivid memory for me was finally being let out of the ground and seeing a WPC in tears whilst wading through seemingly yards upon yards of broken glass.

Ironically, after all the nastiness and gross stupidity, I was stopped by the North Derbyshire Police for speeding around 2pm, and just a couple of miles from home.
"Where've you been lads?"
"Millwall. Where were you when we needed you?"

To be fair, I was then let off: "If you were a rag I'd have done you"

Incidentally, I've since seen this game referenced in a few Millwall hooligan books, but as others have alluded, this was just a routine midweek game for City, and whilst there were undoubtedly a few "lads" in our end, we just wanted to get promoted.

It wasn't it was due to City taking the piss years before on London Bridge, hence why Millwall and their pals turning out as they did.

This was late 80s, and mentioned in a number of books to.

There were 2-3 pitch invasions following blatantly offside goals where the lineman had flagged earlier in the move and everyone had stopped.
On each occasion somebody would just stroll all the way to the City end and not even get ejected.

Then City equalized from a corner and all hell broke loose.

The most vivid memory for me was finally being let out of the ground and seeing a WPC in tears whilst wading through seemingly yards upon yards of broken glass.

Ironically, after all the nastiness and gross stupidity, I was stopped by the North Derbyshire Police for speeding around 2pm, and just a couple of miles from home.
"Where've you been lads?"
"Millwall. Where were you when we needed you?"

To be fair, I was then let off: "If you were a rag I'd have done you"

Incidentally, I've since seen this game referenced in a few Millwall hooligan books, but as others have alluded, this was just a routine midweek game for City, and whilst there were undoubtedly a few "lads" in our end, we just wanted to get promoted.
There were quite a few "faces from the past" in that top tier to be honest

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.