Hooliganism and Violence Maine Road 80's/early 90's

Yes they did My pal who I'd a inited fan had just done his coupon and was coming out of hills Said he was confronted by a huge impi of Millwall nut jobs he got chased down the road towards Mersey Way
He said hed never ran faster in his life apart from when his missus was after him!

Your phone still playing up mate ? :-)

Mid 80's v West Ham and loads of them going in the Main Stand doing the Oakie Cokie. They then congregated after the game at the far end of Maine Road and then marched / charged up Maine Road chanting Irons Irons Irons..... Kicking City fans all over the place.

The following season they tried it again and after the game the biggest City crew I'd ever seen was outside waiting. Half of Moss Side's young males were there, chased and battered the Hammers. They stood out like a sore thumb mostly wearing yellow Slazenger jumpers.

I remember one midweek game Mad Eye,FA or League Cup replay ?,Cunningham was playing up front for us,i think we got beat.
They brought thousands up,it was mayhem before,during and after the game.

Chelsea on a Friday night towards the end of 83/84 season. It was a live TV game and they were heading for promotion, their nutters were all over the place, it even kicked off in the Main Stand.

The away fans seats were at the side of the Main Stand by then I think. Between Main and Platt Lane.

Coventry in the cup was one that springs to mind. Liverpool in the 80/81 cup semi final. Carnage after the game. Chelsea last game of Kippax? Spurs in the QF platt Lane opening. Millwall in the league. United 89. They are the ones I remember.

Any Spares our kid?
6433d66c6dc0401bf7519d98087eec58.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.