Hooliganism and Violence Maine Road 80's/early 90's

Seem to remember it going off at The Swamp in 1990 when Bob Brightwell equalised
Sure there were City in the Scoreboard Paddock
And The Resident werenitid Apes tried to get at them ?

Seem to remember it going off at The Swamp in 1990 when Bob Brightwell equalised
Sure there were City in the Scoreboard Paddock
And The Resident werenitid Apes tried to get at them ?
Only 40k there and City were in the paddock as well. So much for the Men in Tights.

Pretty sure some blues got sent down for this

Not having a go mate and you are only posting it for info but that video is both embarrassing and annoying. Pretty sure you agree that kicking somebody in the head when 20 geezers on to one is a cunnts trick.
As youngsters it was fucking brilliant but there were limits for some of us.

Aside from the usual suspects I’ve been in situations at some lesser places ..,Luton was moody as was Plymouth, Swindon , Brentford all the above have had its moments.

Stockport County have always hated us , and yet there was a time when we. more than any other club, did our level best to help them financially by constantly playing friendlies at Edgely Park all the time, and we always had plenty of support there, we didn't HAVE to do that ... it's probably likely that the hatred stems from most of the local Stockport population actually preferring to watch City than Stockport!

I've lived in both Adswood and Cheadle Hulme at times, down the years, and most people i''ve known there have been City fans ...
I grew up in Adswood before we moved to Cheadle Hume. There was little support fir Stockport County in Cheadle Hulme. It was all City and United.

I was a regular at Edgeley Park along with a group of City fans when they played on Friday nights (Friday Night is County Night). I do admit that we used to wind the locals up somewhat.

One match we pretended to be Colchester fans and even were cited in the MEN. “The Colchester supporters did not wake up until the second half”.

One match against Tranmere we noticed that there were a large group of Scousers there. We asked why half of them had red and white scarves and half were in blue and white. Liverpool and Everton came the reply!

IIRC it's not what they were spinning at the time. That might have been the first time the rag PR machine kicked into gear...
They were making all kinds of excuses, like only 50 got out of The Denmark... truth is, City mullered them big time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.