Horrific Injury at Stoke (Shawcross on Ramsey) {merged}

m27 said:
Tricky_Rici said:
I'll look forward to seeing Lescott play like Baresi next time i watch him then fella. ;-)

If he was playing today he'd go for 25-30 i'd have thought. As i said it's bonkers.

He's the best centre half that's ever lived for me. £40m and worth every penny I'd say.

Joking aside (and because I've decided you're a good lad) I do genuinely rate Shawcross. Still a stopper though ;-)

Baresi was the best i've ever seen aswell mate so it's a slightly unfair comparison really isn't it? And again if he was worth 40+ then i don't see why it's laughable Shawcross may be worth a measly 12 which i can guarantee you, in today's market, that he is. ;-)

Anyway, i agree with mcfc, it's way too late for this shit. I'm even too tired to have a wank lol.

Good luck over the next few weeks and make sure you knock those Scouse cunts out of the top 4. ;-)

Night fellas

Tricky_Rici said:
m27 said:
He's the best centre half that's ever lived for me. £40m and worth every penny I'd say.

Joking aside (and because I've decided you're a good lad) I do genuinely rate Shawcross. Still a stopper though ;-)

Baresi was the best i've ever seen aswell mate so it's a slightly unfair comparison really isn't it? And again if he was worth 40+ then i don't see why it's laughable Shawcross may be worth a measly 12 which i can guarantee you, in today's market, that he is. ;-)

Anyway, i agree with mcfc, it's way too late for this shit. I'm even too tired to have a wank lol.

Good luck over the next few weeks and make sure you knock those Scouse ***** out of the top 4. ;-)

Night fellas

NIce one. Laters mate.

If Smalling is worth 12 then shawcross is easily worth 12. However i think the 20m bit is a bit like Rodwell at Everton in that its more the clubs saying we dont want to sell than them actually being worth that kind of money.

Shawcross has potential that much is true but whether that potential is realised due to lack of expectation at the club he plays at and the style of play at the club remains to be seen. Much like lescott he got the plaudits because the club he was at was batting above their weight and he was chipping in with a few goals etc, however when a big money move to an arguably more ambitious club came along he wilted under the pressure and its only now we are seeing the best out of him and it remains to be seen if shawcross can make that transition or whether prefers being a big fish in a small pond.

After saying that though he is a good player and certainly didnt mean today although having seen it again im not sure he needed to go in studs raised for 50/50 especially seeing as he didnt leave his feet

I had the same injury happen to me on 9th September last year. Tib and Fib broken in 5 places due to a horrific tackle on me from a Glossop thug. I had an IM rod inserted into my leg with 4 screws, 2 at each end. I returned to work on Wednesday just gone, the ankle is still sore and the break site still swells like a fucker after a few hours on my feet but its alright now, it all depends on how the bone knits together and the physio on the damaged muscle.
Ramsey is younger than me and will probably recover quicker, I expect he will be OK for the start of the next season-ish, maybe slightly later. Good luck to him, I think he's a great player.

Chrispy said:
I had the same injury happen to me on 9th September last year. Tib and Fib broken in 5 places due to a horrific tackle on me from a Glossop thug. I had an IM rod inserted into my leg with 4 screws, 2 at each end. I returned to work on Wednesday just gone, the ankle is still sore and the break site still swells like a fucker after a few hours on my feet but its alright now, it all depends on how the bone knits together and the physio on the damaged muscle.
Ramsey is younger than me and will probably recover quicker, I expect he will be OK for the start of the next season-ish, maybe slightly later. Good luck to him, I think he's a great player.

dont forget he will get the best physios and medical team sourrounding him 24-7.

DD said:
I really feel for Ramsey, in fact I was almost moved to tears by it when I saw the pain on not only his but his team-mates faces. I sincerely hope that he makes a quick and complete recovery.

However, do we have some right pricks on this board or what? Shawcross did not go out to nobble him, he went for the ball and mistimed his tackle and, unfortunately, there have been horrific consequences.

I guarantee you, if De Jong or Kompany had been Shawcross then every last man on here would be defending him to the high hills. Every last bloody one.

These things happen in football, there was no malice and it was not a symptom of the 'Stoke' type of football. It really could have happened from a tackle by any committed footballer.

here fucking here

spot on.

Thoughts and prayers to Ramsey...hope he fully recovered as quickly as possible.

explain and justify your teams rough house tactics now pulis you twat. maybe you should get your inbred team to try and play football for once. the boy is only 19 and will offer football far more than any moron he puts on a football field.

all the best aaron

Watched it last night, bad timed tackle. Feel for Ramsay Pulis aswell was close to tears in the post match interview as well as Shawcross crying off the pitch. This is a very unfortunate incident and as Pulis said spoilt a good game of football.

Re: Shawcross - Once a Rag.....

I think people who jump in like that take risks every game they play. And yest this could happen to Zabba but that doesnt make it right. Playing in a reckless way is completely unaccepable and for that reason I only have sympathy for the person who has a broken leg, not the lad who sheds a tear on the way off. He deserves a long ban IMO.

Oh and I have a lot of sympathy with Wenger, these injuries are not a coincidence.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.